Ok Chaz, Koolie Girl name suggestions!

So I'm coming to you all for help.

The name I have at the top of the list for Koolie girl is Didgie, short for Didgeridoo. It's fun to say, makes me smile and sticks with the Aussie tradition of throwing out half a word and adding the sound EEE at the the end. So I like it a lot. But I want to see if any of you guys can come up with some alternatives!

Ideally I would love it to have to do with Australia in some way but it's not a necessity if a different perfect name falls into my lap. I don't want a human name for this girl. I also thought about something that goes with Traveler but came up with nothing.

And yeah, that's it! Help please!

Toller_08

I have nothing to add to this thread other than I love Didgie/Didgeridoo. But that's probably because I was telling my mom the other night how awesome that exact name would be for a Koolie. Too funny! It's a silly name, but it makes me laugh and so I love it.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Looked up australian slang and picked out the ones that would make cute names :D

Bitzer : mongrel dog (bits of this and bits of that)
Chokky: chocolate
Exy : expensive
Flick: to give something or somebody the flick is to get rid of it or him/her
Fairy Floss: cotton candy
Hooroo: goodbye
Jillaroo : a female trainee station manager or station hand (a station is a big farm/grazing property)
Middy : 285 ml beer glass in New South Wales
Mozzie : mosquito
Sheila : a woman
Spiffy : great, excellent
Tinny : can of beer
Yewy : u-turn in traffic ("chuck a yewy at the next traffic lights")

Digie or Fairy floss!! lol

Dekka

Just try me..
Oh I do like Jillaroo lol

(though doesn't everyone say 'do a yewy'?)

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Oh I do like Jillaroo lol

(though doesn't everyone say 'do a yewy'?)
Yeah I don't think it's unique to Australia...
I like Jillaroo and Didgie...

Doovalacky : used whenever you can't remember what something is called. Thingummyjig, whatsit.
Galah : fool, silly person. Named after the bird of the same name because of its antics and the noise it makes
Nipper : young surf lifesaver
Pozzy : position - get a good pozzy at the football stadium
Prezzy : present, gift
Walkabout : a walk in the Outback by Aborigines that lasts for an indefinite amount of time

Traveler and Walkabout (Walkie?) ugggghhhhh <3

Toller_08

Quest or Venture would go sort of with Traveler. Journey too. But Didgie is definitely my favourite!

SarahHound

I think it is Autumn in Australia at the moment, what about Autumn? I thought of that before when I thought you were getting a red, but its still a nice name. Or Spring/Summer, depending when she lands in the Northern Hemisphere. :p

Members online