MALTESE TERRIER (mini maltese?)

Atreyu

Hey there people. im new to this forum, im from NSW Australia, and im looking for a breeder to sell me a Maltese Terrirer Puppy ( Male ) as young as possible, Full Breed.. i hear rumours of a breed called Mini Maltese if there is such a breed i would prefer to buy that, Its a Christmas Present for my Girlfriend, so quick replies would be appreciated.. name your price :)

So to sum it all up this is what i am after:

1) Maltese Terrier (Or a mini Maltese if they exist)
2) Male
3) As young As Legally Possible
4) ASAP - Before December

Thank you for letting me into your community.
(i used to own a maltese terrier, he was so good, and well trained.
atm i own a scottish terrier cross chiwowa, german shepard cross labrador and a striaght up chiwowa hehe, just thought i would let everyone know i know how to take care of dogs.)

nedim

If I'm not mistaken, mini-maltese isnt a "real" breed. They're breed by irresponsible breeders who are looking to sell nothing but cute pups and dont care for the health of their dogs. No reputable breeder would even think of selling a mini-maltese, they're just a designer breed. Youre much better off looking for a regular, normal-sized maltese. I mean, they only weigh 6.5-9 pnds, isn't that small enough already?

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
I don't have a good feeling about this at all.
Why do you want a very young puppy? Your in for more problems with a puppy less then 8 weeks old.

Atreyu

Do you think im Hungry?

lol, why do you have a bad feeling about this? :confused: im just saying i want it as young as LEGALLY possible my girlfriend likes puppies and yeah i want it to be a puppy for as long as possible, hence why i like it small, no big deal really, not saying she wont love the dog full grown, but yeah, you know what i mean, i dont wanna buy the dog half way full grown, because we have missed out on half of its life, you know what i mean? i dont know why you would get a bad feeling about this.. im just after a full breed Maltese, i was curious about the "mini maltese" breed because i dont know much about it.

so i s there anyone selling maltese terrier pups??

Tobysmom

Not many people here do any breeding and I don't think the ones that do breed Maltese. Besides a good breeder won't sell their pups online to someone they've never met. You'd be better off looking for a breeder in the area where you live. Also if you find a pup it would be best for it to stay with it mother til it's at least eight weeks old, otherwise it could have issues from being separated too early.

joce

You don't want to buy from someone that sells"as young as possible". I will never bring a pup home before ten weeks,some breeds twelve. Anything before eight weeks is definately bad. You might also want to get it before or after christmas. Dogs as presents seem to turn out badly. She shuold be the one to pick the dog.

RD

Are you dead yet?
As far as I know, there are no Maltese breeders on this forum. I would contact a local breed club (or the one closest to you.) and ask for breeder referrals.

And FYI, if I were the breeder you had contacted with those kind of requirements, I would have turned you down on the spot. For starters, it is obvious that you have done no research on the breed, or you would know that a "Mini Maltese" is just a fad term and that there is only one size for Maltese. "As young as legally possible" is still too young, imo, to get a puppy, especially a toy breed puppy that will mature far more slowly than other breeds. I wouldn't let go of a toy breed pup until 10-12 weeks, ever. They are still VERY MUCH a pup at that age, they are just more mature and less fragile, and they've had more socialization and the necessary period with their dam and littermates, which will prove to be extremely evaluable to the puppy later in life.
And -you- may know how to take care of a dog, but does your girlfriend? After all, this isn't a puppy for you.

I personally wouldn't buy her a puppy for Christmas.. I don't know why but I get a bad feeling every time somebody buys someone else a dog for a gift, especially when they weren't expecting it.

PS - There is a very good "checklist" on this forum, posted by Pitbulliest. I'd check that out before you go looking for a breeder.

Atreyu

Ok then

i dont mean to say i want a pup before its due time, i feel like im being told off here, all i mean by "as young as possible" i mean i dont want it almost full grown, im after a puppy..

filarotten

Fila the love
I have to agree with everyone that has posted. Not before 8 weeks. Preferably 10.
Go for a regular size maltese. The designer breeds have to many health issues. You said she like puppies, but what happens when it becomes an adult? Just wondering. I actually have a friend that loves puppies. Once they become adults she wants nothing to do with them. We have had many discussions about this. Wrong attitude! Getting a dog is a lifetime commitment. Don't mean to burst your bubble. I think you have good intentions.

Atreyu

Yes mum

She wants the puppy, she says how she wants one all the time, and i told her id get her one sometime, maybe birthday maybe christmas, im not a child, i know what im doing.. sorry im not Mr. I know everything about dog breeds, i just heards someone talkingabout mini maltese so i thought id bring it up.. thanks for the scolding people.. :eek:

RD

Are you dead yet?
Sorry, not trying to scold, but it's looking like you are not going to be able to purchase a puppy from a reputable breeder (Many of them have fairly long waiting lists, getting a pup by December would be rather unlikely.) and I hate to see irresponsible breeders being supported because somebody wants a puppy "Now and as young as possible".

I don't think I'm going to be able to be of much help in this thread, sorry for even replying.

Atreyu

Let me make this clear people..

I DONT WANT A PUPPY BEFORE ITS APPROPRIATE TIME what i mean by LEGALLY is that it will be fine to go without its mother and i wont have any problems, i know my g/f will take car of this dog, she has had one before when she was younger, all i have doenhere is ask for someone to sell me a dog, so far all that has been done is me getting told off about the age of the dog.. i thank those of you who said to contact local breeders..

Atreyu

Thats ok i can see your concerned

understood, i know you people care alot about dogs and you dont like dodgy breeders, there seems to be a shortage of maltese pups nowadays i cant find them anywhere..

joce

Your not getting told off,we are trying to teach you something. You are still saying as young as legally possible and most places thats as soon as some horrible breeder will hand it over,maybe even five weeks(and some breeders will insist five weeks is fine). I don;t think they ae a common dog so why not set up a day with a breeder in your area for christmas and go for a visit to meet the parents and what not. Then it won;t be rushed and you'll hopefully get a great dog. They usually have a list of people who want pups so the waits can get long.

Atreyu

ok thank you for your help

thank you that was all i was after hahaha..
i will let you know how i go.

Boxer*Mom

It wasn't me
Hey take a look at the thread I posted not too long ago, my mom also wants a maltese. There are links to rescue groups mainly for the east coast adn also the main page. If you tell us where you are located we might can find a recue group near you. :) Maybe you can find one early, and have an early Christmas present.
http://www.chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12128

Fran27

Boxer*Mom said:
Hey take a look at the thread I posted not too long ago, my mom also wants a maltese. There are links to rescue groups mainly for the east coast adn also the main page. If you tell us where you are located we might can find a recue group near you. :) Maybe you can find one early, and have an early Christmas present.
http://www.chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12128
He's in Australia ;)

Good luck finding your pup, I suggest doing a search about maltese clubs in your area also and contact them so they can recommend you some breeders. Just stay away from breeders who want to sell the pups before 8 weeks, like everyone told you, after that it's just fine in my opinion.

Keep us posted :D

Ash47

Taco Dog
Good luck on your hunt! We aren't here to to scold anyone. Just want to educate and share our knowledge on certain subjects. We can get a little edgy sometimes, but don't take it personally. We are just trying to help.
Maltese are beautiful dogs. Never been around one to find out what their temperament is like, but when properly cared for, their coats are gorgeous. :)
And by the way, my Roxy Mae was a Christmas present. ;) But, I guess it helped that I constantly hinted at getting a small dog and then began hinting at getting a Chihuahua. I got my way, and here we are nearly a year later! My little Christmas angel.

TheWonderPuppies

Pres. Of Gutter Club.....
Ok wellyou could probly find a pupy and if you pay enoug get it when it was a couple of days oldDono do this thoug that is being irresponsible go with a "normal size maltese and make sure you ghet to see at leats both of its parents (helps w/ knowing what the pups temperment might be) my idea is if you do get it for her for Christams insteadof giving her the pupy get her athe stuff she needs to take care of the pupy then TAKE HER WITH TO THE BREEDER so you guys can get a puppy w/ a temperment to suite the both of you (if it is a good breeder it should help you find a pupy that persanality will fit yours ex. you like to play and go on walks a more active pupy if you are a couch potatoe a calmer puppy) Dont yake a pupy under 8 weeks peferably 12 make shure it has its first shots and is wormed when you get him/her and has a health certificate when you get very young pupies they arnt verry well socialized and can have more issues the longer it stays w/ its mom the hapier the puppy also fter you get the puppy take it to the vet within 48 hours after geting the puppy (my best idea is to go to a shelter and get a pupy then you are saving a life they are already fixed and MOSt are healthier and they are up to date on shots (please make sure you have everything you need for the pupy before you bring it home so you arnt scrambling at the last moment and ask whoever you get the puppy from what type of food it was on so that you dont also have to deal w/ a new scared pupy that is also sick to its stomach keep it on that diet for at least a month were it is into its routine then you can gradually change it to the food of its choice. In th elong run you willl have a hapier puppy.(im not trying to badger just inform ) im talking from personal experiance.

Members online

No members online now.