Holistic Health Extension Vet's Choice?

ning3000

I'm bringing home a puppy for my mother tomorrow and we have some fairly definite ideas about food (basically everyone here are pretty similar to mine). We want to feed Puppy Innova or Merrick, or another brand. But the person selling us the dog is insisting we buy this rand I've never heard of as it's "so much beter than anything else" - he said Innova and Merrick were not as good!?! It's called Vet's Choice or Holistic Health Extension, Vet's Choice and it comes with all these supplements, even a little sugar water to squirt into puppy's water(WTF?). I can't find any info about this food on Mordy's website. Nor from searcing these forums and when I google it all I get is the company website. This little puppy is small for her age and is ill with a "cold," so I desperately want her on the best food right away. Please if anyone has heard of this brand or could point me to something, it'd be much appreciated. I'd like to feed Puppy Innova as my dogs did wonderfully on it and Mordy and others have given it the double thumbs up. But this guy is persistent and unfortunately I have to deal with him. He gives you the impression that if you do not purchase all his stuff (and some of it is quite ridiculous and I will refuse) he may not let you have your dog. :( I think I can beat back the designer doggie shampoos, the 3 bowls for feeding (one for dry, one for wet, one for wet AND dry), the wee pad & the crate I have, but the dog doll with the heartbeat? These I can turn down. But I don't want to buy a substandard food just to shut him up. However if this food is any good I'd really like to know ow you all think it compares to other foods. Here a link to the list of ingredients from the company's website here.

http://www.vetschoice.com/productinfo.php?productID=1000003

I have read it myself, I'm not as good as others here, but I'm pretty good at evaluating foods. One thing that I don't understand is the inclusion of primrose oil, no idea what that's for and from what I can gather on the web humans use it fo breast pain?!? If it's as good as they say it is, oerhaps I should get the food and titrate the pup off slowly to my choice, as the puppy is rather fragile and ill at the moment, perhaps I should just swallow it and buy the food from him, (it's just that the bags are rather big) If it is a good food, I would hate to dismiss it without really knowing any background on it to make a wise decision. Any thoughts?

noodlerubyallie

Sprayin' the spiders
Forgive me for asking, but why is the puppy you're bringing home sick? Shouldn't you be getting a healthy puppy from the start?

IMO, as long as you feel comfortable feeding your dog you've had good experiences in the past with, don't feel guilty about using it. However, if he has it in your contract that you MUST feed the dog his food, then feed it. Have you asked him exactly why he recommends the food he wants you to buy? Maybe he's had bad experiences in the past and has found this brand to work the best for his dogs.

It's going a little far, IMO, to ask you to buy a doll with a beating heart. I understand the reasoning, but I think it's a little far fetched to expect you to buy one.

Does he sell these items and get a kickback? There are many companies that do that.

As for the food, never heard of it. Are you supposed to be able to find it easily where you live? Or are you supposed to buy it from him everytime you need food?

noludoru

Bored Now.
Does he sell these items and get a kickback?
Almost certainly.

Honestly... I would NOT buy a dog from this person. If there is any way you can get your money back, I'd back out ASAP no matter how much you love the dog. The breeder sounds very.. manipulative and money-hungry. I doubt this harassment of you will end when you get your pup.

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
I'd insist the individual educate themselves on what quality food is and then walk right away from them and the sick puppy, no matter how cute.

Members online

No members online now.