The Venting Thread

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
Need to call Delta to ship Bloo, and call vets for health certs and Bloo's rabies vaccine, and start shipping stuff out, and and and...

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Everything else ... yeah she needs to be seriously talked to about her behavior. But this one part I personally don't see a problem. when I was young I had a riding instructor that used to say that to crying kids when they fell off horses. "Anything broken? then stop your crying and get back on, now."

I know its not right for this teacher to be acting this way, but kids will be dealing with rude, mean people their whole lives, so better they learn how to handle it sooner then later.
I understand that kids will grow up and deal with mean
People and they need to learn but they should NOT learn how to handle that through mistreatment by people they should be trusting in like parents and teachers. That just teaches them not to trust anyone and that's NOT OK.

I know Hannah can be dramatic when it comes to getting hurt but I posted that part mainly to segway into the sarcastic "oh gee you might hurt yourself... Now you can't play with anythig go away" which is just not an appropriate way to treat children. Also, there is a difference between "I know that hurt but you will be Ok... But you only have a few minutes left to play so you better get back at it" and showing anger that a child feels pain. You can show compassion without coddling.

But at bedtime prayer tonight I asked Hannah if there was anyone she wanted to pray for and she wanted to pray for this teacher and prayed for her to feel better and be happy. So she is still able to forgive and forget. I'm proud if her for that.

Last edited:

Grab

I know its not right for this teacher to be acting this way, but kids will be dealing with rude, mean people their whole lives, so better they learn how to handle it sooner then later.
A six year old does not need to learn to "deal with" rude, mean people....

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
A six year old does not need to learn to "deal with" rude, mean people....
I agree. There is still lots
Of time for her to become jaded with the world.... It shouldn't be now, at 6 years of age. She'll come by it naturally when she's 13 LOL

Paviche

Duuuuude.
I agree. There is still lots
Of time for her to become jaded with the world.... It shouldn't be now, at 6 years of age. She'll come by it naturally when she's 13 LOL
Exactly. And when it happens, it should be her peers that she has to deal with crap from, NOT teachers. I don't think under any circumstances that teachers *should* be the ones teaching the lesson that you'll get treated like **** eventually in life. That's horribly wrong IMO. Teachers should be the exact opposite of that.

teacuptiger

floor dancer
I really hate it when people don't let me in on their plans, so I assume its business as usual. But no. This is not business as usual. This is a hive of pissed off and I'm tired of being stressed out because of ill plans.

Plans save lives. What happens when you go out into the wilderness without planning for it? You get eaten by a bear. Lets not all get eaten by bears next time.

noludoru

Bored Now.
People and they need to learn but they should NOT learn how to handle that through mistreatment by people they should be trusting in like parents and teachers. That just teaches them not to trust anyone and that's NOT OK.

I know Hannah can be dramatic when it comes to getting hurt but I posted that part mainly to segway into the sarcastic "oh gee you might hurt yourself... Now you can't play with anythig go away" which is just not an appropriate way to treat children. Also, there is a difference between "I know that hurt but you will be Ok... But you only have a few minutes left to play so you better get back at it" and showing anger that a child feels pain. You can show compassion without coddling.

But at bedtime prayer tonight I asked Hannah if there was anyone she wanted to pray for and she wanted to pray for this teacher and prayed for her to feel better and be happy. So she is still able to forgive and forget. I'm proud if her for that.
There's a difference between a nice teacher checking the kid out, making sure there are no serious injuries, and saying with a smile - you're fine, get up and go play. But that's not what this teacher did at all and it was nasty and demeaning to Hannah. She's going to have awful people heckling her for the rest of her life, she doesn't need it now. This lady is out of line. Good for you for handling this well and protecting Hannah without being overbearing about it. My mother would always swoop in and make a scene if there were problems, and it made me really unwilling to ask her for help.

On the plus side, Hannah is an incredibly mature, forgiving human being. She's dealt with this better than most.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!

Don't get me wrong, I am NOT defending this teacher or what she did , what she did was wrong and she should be talked to. Maybe not negatively, for all we know there might be some serious personal issue going on. I know I was like this with people when my grandmother passed away last October and all the problems that ensued after, so maybe something is happening in her life that she needs help for?

I also have to say that IMO you won the kid lottery with Hannah, she is such a nice kid ... I wish all kids were like her.

What about talking to the parents of the other kids in the class, maybe they don't know what's going on? Go to the principle and see if there is anything you can do to help her ... She sounds like she is having real problems.

My mother would always take issue with the principle and she was really good at keeping it quiet and not embarrassing me.

Other kids was a different story, my parents were really big on "fight your own battles."

What a good kid.

Teacher is wayyyy out of line.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Don't get me wrong, I am NOT defending this teacher or what she did , what she did was wrong and she should be talked to. Maybe not negatively, for all we know there might be some serious personal issue going on. I know I was like this with people when my grandmother passed away last October and all the problems that ensued after, so maybe something is happening in her life that she needs help for?

What about talking to the parents of the other kids in the class, maybe they don't know what's going on? Go to the principle and see if there is anything you can do to help her ... She sounds like she is having real problems.
I am going to talk with her one on one on thursday. Our work environment is not the norm. We are a very small group. There are only 5 employees including the director. The director and my Pastors wife (who recommended me for the job) who work with the pre K group three mornings a week and then our class which is the teacher and myself and then another lady that does the mommy and me two year old class.

So we are a close knit group so that kind
Of has it's
Pros and cons. Teacher and I are friends so I'm not going to confront this in any manner that will make things uncomfortable. Director and I have been praying over it and I am going to approach it in a way that leads the conversation to what can we do to make this easier on all of us. What does she expect from Hannah in the classroom, how Hannah feels about some things (not Hannah telling her these things but me telling her), and how we can improve communitcation between us.

I am sort of stuck in an awkward situation... I am mom first but I also have to be professional as TA and also be a friend. Definitely a fine balance.

Teacher is not a bad person... Just makes some bad choices and has difficulty with nuturing and gets overly stressed easily and takes it out on the wrong people.

Nolu, thanks. She's a good girl. She has her moments as any kid
Does but she has a beautiful heart and i just can't bear to see her lose her zest
For life or become disenchanted with te world at such a tender age.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Today marks 5 years since I lost one of my best friends....

I can't believe it's been that long. Can't believe it. Miss you Molly-Moo <3

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I am going to talk with her one on one on thursday. Our work environment is not the norm. We are a very small group. There are only 5 employees including the director. The director and my Pastors wife (who recommended me for the job) who work with the pre K group three mornings a week and then our class which is the teacher and myself and then another lady that does the mommy and me two year old class.

So we are a close knit group so that kind
Of has it's
Pros and cons. Teacher and I are friends so I'm not going to confront this in any manner that will make things uncomfortable. Director and I have been praying over it and I am going to approach it in a way that leads the conversation to what can we do to make this easier on all of us. What does she expect from Hannah in the classroom, how Hannah feels about some things (not Hannah telling her these things but me telling her), and how we can improve communitcation between us.

I am sort of stuck in an awkward situation... I am mom first but I also have to be professional as TA and also be a friend. Definitely a fine balance.

Teacher is not a bad person... Just makes some bad choices and has difficulty with nuturing and gets overly stressed easily and takes it out on the wrong people.

Nolu, thanks. She's a good girl. She has her moments as any kid
Does but she has a beautiful heart and i just can't bear to see her lose her zest
For life or become disenchanted with te world at such a tender age.
I hope you guys can come to a solution that works for everyone. I wish everyone he best.

I also wanted to stress that I don't in any way think that Hannah or any other child was deserving of that kind of treatment. Kids are cruel enough to each other without teachers Adding to it.

Puckstop31

Super-Genius
Matthew 19:14 "but Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.â€

As much as Tanya and I strive to raise this kid and show her the way to go, she always teaches us something too. I hope I never cease to be humbled by her.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I hope you guys can come to a solution that works for everyone. I wish everyone he best.

I also wanted to stress that I don't in any way think that Hannah or any other child was deserving of that kind of treatment. Kids are cruel enough to each other without teachers Adding to it.
I know :) it's all good.

Today I'm just feeling... sad. I know I need to talk with her but I also know that it's not really going to change anything :( I'm just... sad :(

Then I see that the Ultimate Warrior died. A legend from my childhood. That just makes me even sadder

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I know :) it's all good.

Today I'm just feeling... sad. I know I need to talk with her but I also know that it's not really going to change anything :( I'm just... sad :(

Then I see that the Ultimate Warrior died. A legend from my childhood. That just makes me even sadder
I don't know since I am like a social retard. Maybe approach her one on one as a friend so she doesn't feel like it's some kind of intervention or something LOL and ask of there is something going on that she would want to talk about.

But I do get it about "lashing out" when stressed, I am really bad about getting super irritated and agitated when my stress level go up, it's weird because I don't and never have redirected it on animals, but I am kinda bad about redirecting on people ... But with therepy I have been getting better.

I hope she can find peace as well, I have been in that bad place and it is not fun believe me :(

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I have two humongous deep zits on my chin. And I can't get them to go away. Thought it was getting better last night now they're throbbing and huge again.

I need a quick fix. Driving me nuts.

Members online

No members online now.