Whiney Dog

katt

www.PhotoKat.net
So, George has become more of a whiner. We don't really know why.

He has also stopped eating as much and does a lot of scratching. He doesn't have fleas (at least we haven't seen any or gotten bitten ourselves), he got an Advantage application a few weeks ago. So, I don't know how that would be a problem.

Any other thoughts??

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
When does he whine? When you leave? When your there? When he sits down? When he jumps up? A little more info on that please :)

RobHedrick

All about the puppy love
Good questions Babyblue.

Katt, make sure your not encouraging the whining by trying to sooth him when he does.

Refrain from saying thinks like "Aww what's wrong George?" or "ohh it's okay boy" (especially never pet him when he whines) - things like that make the dog think what he's doing is good, and encourages him to whine even more. Best thing to do is ignore it completely, don't even look at him, soon enough he'll realize that's not what you want him to do, and he'll stop.

I'd also like to hear more about what's going on though.

BTW: My dogs scratch all the time too, and they don't have any fleas either - I have kerosene heat so that may dry out their skin, causing the itchiness, but I'm not sure what to do about that yet, or if that's why they like to scratch...

Cheers! ~Rob :)

Members online

No members online now.