Uh... crap.

PlottMom

The Littlest Hound
Right, so, the past couple days I've been disinfecting Keena's feet & putting on baby socks cause she was licking at them. I have to wrap a little vet wrap around the tops so she doesn't pull her socks off. Wrapped it too tight last night, and one of her feet is swollen. Should I be FREAKING OUT or will the swelling go down..? Obviously I'm assuming she'll be fine - she's walking around and acting normal & not chewing at it. I guess I just want someone to tell me I'm not the most awful dog owner of all time... lol

Cali Mae

Little dog, big voice
Well, at least it wasn't tight enough to prevent circulation!

But I've done something similar to my lease horse. I had to wrap his legs for a trailer ride back to the barn, and seeing as how I hadn't had much practice.. I wrapped one way too unevenly and tight and my instructor came over and told me he'd be lame if I left it like that.

Just an honest mistake really, that anyone could've made.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
yeah it should go back to normal. no big deal.

When Belle gave Beezer a warning bite he had a little hole above his elbow. he kept licking at it so overnight I wrapped it and then it started to swell so the wrapping ended up being too tight and the swelling got worse and worse. took it off first thing in the morning and gave him some asprin and the swelling went right down

PlottMom

The Littlest Hound
Oh thank goodness. I'll keep an eye on her & maybe give her a rimadyl... Thanks guys :)

Members online

No members online now.