Interceptor - not available....need help

Barb04

Super Moderator
Interceptor is not available due to the product not being able to be shipped out from the warehouse where another human medicine is made which is under investigation so nothing from the facility whether for humans or animals can be shipped as per the company. They don't know when the shipping will begin again.

I live in Tennessee and the vet says we have a whipworm problem here.

The vet suggests using Iverhart Max but it doesn't cover whipworm; the vet doesn't like Hartguard.

Any help would be appreciated.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
It's the Novartis plant that was shut down after extraneous was found in product... pieces and different pills. It's affected a bunch of OTC drugs for people too. The FDA will be involved with bringing the plant back up and it could take up to a year.

Sentinel is also made by Novartis so you likely won't be able to get that either.

I've put my boys on Trifexis - they were on it for a while anyway since Payton came home with flea dirt. It's basically the same as Interceptor plus also has a flea med. I believe it works for whipworm, but I don't know if you're comfortable with all that drug going into your dogs body. I would rather not, but heartworm is a major concern here so I wasn't going to mess around. The only other option from my vet was Hartguard and that has Ivermectin which I don't give my guys.

Saeleofu

I second Trifexis. It's the same drugs as comfortis plus interceptor, so does fleas as well. It does NOT do ticks, but you can add a topical tick product if you need tick coverage.

Members online

No members online now.