Grammy's cup has runneth over !!

bubbatd

Good news !! ( I guess !) The dog WAS micro chipped !!! The clinic got in touched with owner to call me, but I haven't heard from him yet....didn't seem too concerned about her !! Said she jumps out all the time. They live about a mile from me and she had to cross a busy highway to get to me. I'm so pi$$ed with the owner !! You have no idea what a sweetie she is !! Was so good going to the Vet's Clinic...weighed in at 108 #s..never pulled or anything. If she shows up again.....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm !!!!!!

Melissa_W

Aw... I wish you could keep her. I'm sure you would take great care of her. If Skye ever ran away, I would be frantic trying to find him.

Down the street there is a golden that always manages to escape the owners. His home isn't really that great. He lives in the yard/garage and is always running away. A while ago, our neighbors found him, but didn't know who he belonged to. They kept him inside and fed him steak for like a week until they figured out who he belonged too. Needless to say, he's been running away back to our neighbor's house ever since. ;)

Fran27

That is crazy... I hate people who don't care about their dogs. Is there any way you could contact the humane society and tell them the problem so their ownership is revoked?

Barb04

Super Moderator
Great they care enough to microchip but not enough to make sure the dog stays in the yard!

Oh I love great danes!! I hope to own one in the future, they are amazing dogs. I prefer natural ears on danes too.

Geez how hard is it too watch your dog when she's outside? I stand at the door and watch the dogs when they're outside to make sure they don't go into the neighbor's yard or around front...it's really not too hard.

bubbatd

They seem to love her....I just hope she doesn't cross the street to come back...ALSO!!!! she isn't Great Dane !! 1/2 Mastiff 1/2 GS !! Could have fooled me !! The only thing I question were the length of her ears... more the size of a Lab. The rest was dead ringer for a Dane !!

bubbatd

PS... I was hoping they'd offer a reward so I could give more to the New Orlean's rescue.... BAH!!! HUMBUG!!!

filarotten

Fila the love
The ears, uncropped can be so deceiving. I lost the fight at our house. I wanted to keep Duke's ears natural, but my husband and son won that round. Anyway they sound like irresponsible owners and I hope she will safely escape to your house again. You have great love and proper ownership for your animals. I still think you will need a bigger bed though.lol

gapeach

Big Mutts
I agree you need a bigger bed! lol I think I would have suggested to them that they figure out how to keep her in the fence better, that's just crazy. My mom's Gsd used to actually climb the fence but I learned a tip from CT and she hasn't since. BTW where has Ct gone?

filarotten

Fila the love
My gd never jumped the fence. Ok, 1 time he and Roxie did escape to explore the new neighborhood, A Clydsedale ran through our gate and mutilated it. I think if you give your dogs enough love and training they will want to stay with you. They may be nosey and want to explore a little bit, but they know which side their bread is buttered.

gapeach

Big Mutts
Fila, Actually my mom's Angel jumps it when she wants back inside. You get one warning jump on the back door and then she climbs the fence and will be waiting for you on the front porch :D

Members online

No members online now.