Ok.. who has a Belgian??

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
After reading/posting to Gempress's post about Curs and Cats..

I'd like to know - Who owns a variety of a Belgian Shephard??

Malinois/Tervuren/Gronendael/Laekenois??

I remember seeing a handful of people with some Mals, and TWO other person with a Terv, but I dont see one post anymore..
I know Wolfsoul has a Gronendael...

but who else??

Ever wanted to own one?? If so, what stopped you?

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I would love to own a Mal someday, the only thing is that they always seem SO intense! I definitaly do not think that I would be able to handle one for quite some time.

We just got a purebred Gronendael into our rescue. He is an awesome dog, but he is such a handful.

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
Aww I feel so sorry for any Belgian that goes into a rescue/shelter.

They are the type of dog that is soo sensative - he may pick up bad habits fast from other dogs in there, or he'll just be a mess.. poor thing. Hope he gets adopted out soon!

Mals definately are more intense then the Terv.

The Laekenois are known to be more "bold" or "aggresive"

Gronendaels are known for the most "level headedness"

The Tervs and Grons are almost equal, although the Tervs are more "edgy"

This is all from what I have found out lately just owning a Belgian! lol

RD

Are you dead yet?
Interested in owning either a Mal or Terv someday. I feel that they would compliment my Border Collies nicely with the added bonus of being more protective than Borders.

Roxy's CD

As I told you before Jen, my trainer was trying to persuade me into getting a Malinois, but after my chat with you, I think I'll leave the belgians for someone else.. LOL

yoko

npe don't own, major reason being didn't know about them until i joined the board. i really love riot and love his pics he's so handsome! but i don't know if i could handle owning one

stevinski

Int CH - $uperBitch
i'd love a mal someday but i think thats just a bit too much drive for me to handle right now lol,
just stick with the sheltie for now lol

I want a Turv (must have a working backround as well as conformation) one day. Mals seem a little too crazy for me. They are so hyper. For example when I watch them doing heelwork their mouths are just chattering, its like they cant control it, lol.

I would love to own a Mal someday as a "right hand worker" but doubt it will happen because with having the sled dogs I don''t know if I''d have enough time to fully devote to their needs of intensive training. Great dogs though! I have high respect for anyone that owns one and is raising them to their full benefit.

cowgurl6254

Herding dogs rock!!!
I've always wanted to own a belgian, but right now i'll just stick with the shelties. They are stunning dogs though, and Riot seems like such an awesome dog :)

Members online