Ear Problem

Ashlea

Lilly, my Pap, has been holding her ear at an angle and sratching it now for a few days. I have looked inside and it is clean, pink and dry. She has no plant matter or foreign objects in it. When I look at it she holds it to be sratched. She is not in pain because she lets me examine it quite deep and sits still for it. This is the dog that will freak out for the smallest thing, so she is definately not in any pain.

It is just bugging her. What should I do? Do you think it could be an inner ear thing? I will be taking her to the vet if she has not settled by tomorrow.

Some advice would be great. Thanks in advance.

filarotten

Fila the love
I would take her to the vet. It sounds like the problem could deeper in the ear than what you are able to see.

I had this issue and even after several checks at the vet there was no problem according to them. I There are several things I found out that can cause this issue.

- A lower quality food can cause itching in specific spots like the ears.
- A groomer who does not properly pull out the ear hairs and remove/trim some of them. (or who removes to many hairs and to much dirt gets in the ear)
- Unclean ears (I clean charlies ears every week with a special cleaner I got a the pet store)
- Then there are all sortes of ear mites and other things that can get in the ear.(if you cannot see any black stuff or redness in the ear it could be a parasite you can only see with a microscope)

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Ashlea

She seems fine now. I have just changed her to a higher quality food specifically for her allergies. This morning she is not worrying her ear at all. I am hoping this will resolve itself because money is tight. I do have her emergency money but I don't want to dip in unless it doesnt get better or it starts to get worse.

She seems allot happier today. She does suffer from hayfever.

Members online

No members online now.