TLC's Extreme Couponing under fire again

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
This show is the worst thing to happen to ordinary families that are trying to save a few bucks.

I know TLC is a TV show and it's all about ratings so they show the most extreme of the extreme but there has been a lot of fraud happening with this show and because of it a lot of stores are making it more and more difficult for reasonable people who are just trying to save a buck here and there.

http://savingdollarsandsense.com/tlc-extreme-coupon-fraud-again.html

I hate this show lol.

(BTW savingdollarsandsense.com is a great blog to follow if you are just learning to coupon)

This is only one example of fraud on the show, there are so many more :rolleyes:

Gypsydals

I've never watched a whole show. But at the rate TLC and that show is going it is going to ruin couponing for the general public AND the companies that make those coupons. Because eventually the stores are not going to accept any coupons. I know walmart will not accept any printed ones that do not scan. So if you have printed a coupon off and it won't scan you are outta luck with that coupon. So not only is the consumer not saving any money. But the companies as well, if they have a new product they would like people to try. Alot of people don't want to try new things at full price(me included). So they wait to find a coupoon for that product.

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious
Its not to sort of thing I watch, but I just read the article and the details. Ummm . . . folks, this is criminal fraud. TLC, why are you aiding and abeiting criminal fraud, by a MINOR no less. Discovery Corp., what the heck?

Not only is this going to ruin things for normal people its . . .um . . . criminal fraud.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I've never watched a whole show. But at the rate TLC and that show is going it is going to ruin couponing for the general public AND the companies that make those coupons. Because eventually the stores are not going to accept any coupons. I know walmart will not accept any printed ones that do not scan. So if you have printed a coupon off and it won't scan you are outta luck with that coupon. So not only is the consumer not saving any money. But the companies as well, if they have a new product they would like people to try. Alot of people don't want to try new things at full price(me included). So they wait to find a coupoon for that product.
exactly. it's really unfortunate that the greedy have to ruin it for everyone else

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Its not to sort of thing I watch, but I just read the article and the details. Ummm . . . folks, this is criminal fraud. TLC, why are you aiding and abeiting criminal fraud, by a MINOR no less. Discovery Corp., what the heck?

Not only is this going to ruin things for normal people its . . .um . . . criminal fraud.
yeah and this is not the first time something like this has happened on the show

really makes you wonder lol

ACooper

Oooh thanks for that blog link sparks! I am perusing around and like what I see :D

AliciaD

On second thought...
There also seems to be some intense hoarding going on that show. Stocking up I understand, but there are people who fill their houses with stuff they are never going to use. 40 things of mustard? Why?

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
There also seems to be some intense hoarding going on that show. Stocking up I understand, but there are people who fill their houses with stuff they are never going to use. 40 things of mustard? Why?
Oh yeah hoarding for sure... hmmm doesn't TLC also have a show about that? LOL makes you wonder if they aren't just grooming contestants for the other show.

yeah seriously more deodorant than you could use in a lifetime? Why? Why do you need to clear the shelves of every single bottle of shampoo? Do you have 19 kids? lol and all the paper products, talk about a fire hazard lol

Members online

No members online now.