Of course they do!

Sweet72947

Squishy face
Anyone who wants to see if dogs have emotions should see the dogs that get surrendered or returned to FOHA. They mourn, they cry, even howl, and sometimes they don't want anything to do with anyone for the first few days. We had a dobe at FOHA who whined loudly and incessantly for a week straight. He got better when we found him a doggie friend to play with.

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious
When we first got Sarama, I put her in her crate in my home office for the night . . . and she cried, and cried and cried. I got up and dragged the crate into the bedroom, and she settled down and went right to sleep.

Mike said "I thought you were supposed to let them cry?" And I said "She's wasn't crying because she was in a crate. She was crying because someone she loved once took her to a strange place and left her there and never came back. She's afraid that her new people are doing the same thing."

She's never cried in her crate since . . . well, except for the time we forgot her dinner, but that was just a little whimper. :p (yes, we fed her then)

I can't prove that was the problem, but I think it was . . . she was afraid we were abandoning her.

Staff online

Members online