Chattering Teeth

corgipower

Tweleve Enthusiest
Nyx has recently started chattering. Often. But only when everyone is crated. It'll be maybe half a dozen quick chatters and then a break for a little while ~ sometimes 5 minutes, sometimes an hour ~ then another half dozen quick chatters.

Some sort of boredom OCD behavior? Or should I be worried?

MicksMom

My first thought was seizures, but I can't figure out why it would only happen when they're crated, unless it's stress.

corgipower

Tweleve Enthusiest
Oh...now this is weird...

I was just petting her and when I touched her cheeks, she chattered just a little bit, and when I cupped my mouth and held my fingers at the corner of her jaw, she chattered the whole time I held her.
:confused:

Tallulah does it, but only when she thinks she sees prey. I've seen cats do the same thing.

Bimmer does it when Kharma's coming into season and he's smelled her.

Don't know what help that is, other than to let you know it's not necessarily something dire or unusual.

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
Psyche does it when she's anxious. Like, when I have her toy, or I'm setting her in a sit stay in front of agility obstacles. I honestly just laugh at it when she does it... Any chance Nyx is anxious in the crate?

corgipower

Tweleve Enthusiest
I know it's normal when they do it while excited. And while she is a high strung, easily agitated dog, when she's doing it she's completely relaxed and resting, as far as I can tell.

I suppose it's possible she's hearing or smelling something that I'm not aware of, although the way she chattered when I held her jaw leaves me a bit perplexed. I'll see if I can get video of that.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Has she ever done it before? It's a bit odd if she's just now started doing it...

corgipower

Tweleve Enthusiest
Has she ever done it before? It's a bit odd if she's just now started doing it...
As far as I know, she just started doing this a few days ago. But if it's boredom, that makes some sense. The last couple weeks I haven't done as much training with her.

Members online

No members online now.