Boots' Dam, Sire & Aunt + Pup pics + The most massive dog you'll ever see..

Great Dane

Cheesecake!
As we will be getting our next show Harlequin male out of Judy Gray @ Graysondane Kennels in 12-18 months it seems fitting that I finally post a few of these pictures. Over the last year and a half we've talked, become friends and tried to get a dog out of Judy but have suffered through 4 failed breedings. Really good rapport and Judy will be helping us get our kennel off the ground when we decide it's time to do so. I am so glad we stumbled onto her through (and Luna) as her dogs are only bred to the highest standard lineage, temperament and appearance wise.

Boots' Dam out of Graysondane Kennels - Can Ch. Graysondanes Lunar Eclipse "Luna" Everybody that knows Luna and has seen Boots is always commenting on how much of Luna's personality and general appearance she has in her. Beautiful girl, about 6 years old now and pretty big for a girl @ 34" & 140 pounds. :

Boots' Sire out of Huntergreen Kennels - Can. Am. Ch. Huntergreens Snow Walker "Walker". A big boy tipping the scales at around 37" and 165 pounds. Boots' Sire, I was going to get our Dane from Ellie's kennel before snatching up Boots. :

Boots' Aunt out of Graysondane kennels - Sally:

A few B&W of Boots as a puppy. Every time I see these I just can't turn away, I don't think you could find a cuter puppy. Simply stunning. These were at 8 or 10 weeks, can't remember. :

And probably the biggest dog you'll ever see, Graysondanes Sultan. 40" and 220 pounds, 7+ feet tall on his rear legs. Look at those tree trunk arms and legs!! From an old foundation bloodline in France. He died 4 years ago from bloat at 11 years old so he did live a good long live. :

Great Dane

Cheesecake!
Love Sultan's bone! Been a long time since I've seen a Dane that wasn't fragile looking :)
Nicknamed 'Gargoyle' and rightfully so as the resemblance is uncanny. The foundation bloodline is pretty rare these days, more common in the European lines than over here in America but still very tough to find. A lot of Hypertrophic osteodystrophy and hip dysplasia in the foundation Euro Danes. Both Boots' Grandfather and Grandmother have a mix of BMW and Foundation in their lineage without most of the health issues and it certainly shows in Walker. I love the massive big boned Danes, American style though instead of the European style and I'm not crazy about big boned females as I feel that takes away from the differentiation between the two sexes. Love the slender, sleek and feminine appearance as the difference in gender should be entirely obvious with a Dane. Boots is medium boned which pleases me, without even starting to fill out yet I'm very happy with her structure. No fragility in her, only muscle and goat. :D

Seems that whenever I'm lucky enough to spot a Dane these days outside of shows which seems to be a rarity, the males specifically are small boned and slender for lack of a better term be it to bad breeding practices or genetics. As well, a lot of people are oblivious to the fact that these dogs should not be neutered before 18 months or spayed before 14 months. Instead of being able to fill out and gain the proper definition those dogs just shoot up which is why there are more of those 36-38" males out there that still look gangly with little to no definition in their chests most importantly. Still stunning good looking dogs and I know some prefer that look but I would much rather prefer proper muscle and bone growth & development.

Members online

No members online now.