What do you think?

skyhigh

I've had a kitty before. 3 years ago. He was a cute black cat called Buddy. (I know its a dogs name but I didn't know that then) He was a black cat with three white stockings and a white blaze. (Sounds horselike doesn't it? lol) I really miss him. He died from unknown causes at a year old. He was such a sweatie. Anyway, I'm thinking about getting a kitten. Next season is Summer and theres going to be lots of mice around.(B/c of the chickens...) It would be a good idea for that and also for my GSD pup to socialize with and be mates. My other dog is scared of cats. But he will soon learn if he met one since kittyhood. What do you think? Also, i'm trying to get through to my parents that I want one. I just got a puppy so I dont want to be greedy. Maybe a kitten from a shelter would be great. IF they'd let me. Do you have any ideas of how to get it through to them about one? Thanks

Becca_

chowchow
I dont think anything wrong with getting a kitten. As for the name buddy, I had a black cat, his name was really Pepper but I always called him buddy. He was my buddy.
You could do like my kids would do, show up with one and claim it followed them home. lol, just kidding.

My stepmom had a confirmned cat killing dog the year I lived there with my dad. While I was there I got a pair of kittens, it was allmost like the catkiller raised the kittens as his own.

You could allways ask to get a cat so Maddy is somewhat socialized with cats and for mouse control.

I think Blue's got the right idea there :) I really miss having a cat here, but you couldn't keep a cat from getting outside at this old farmhouse, and outside . . . well, coyotes think cats are a treat :eek: I couldn't stand that . . .

skyhigh

We dont have coyotes here or foxes. At the moment i havnt asked because I've realised how busy i am with a bird and two dogs. I wake up at 6:30 and feed them all and groom the dogs and play... Maybe when i get a schedule going i might. Anyway, thanks for the replys. LOLO becca, i might try that. hehe. We still have all the kitty litter and kitty stuff from our last cat. So it might work.

Members online

No members online now.