Who here feeds raw?

Barbara!

Wanted to ask to get a general consensus of who here feeds their dogs raw. I hope to be starting to do that...because the cost of feeding my dogs kibble is getting to be a little much and I've heard raw is cheaper.

Raw can be cheaper, can also be more.

For it to be cheaper you need lots of freezer space and shop around a lot, order bulk, etc. Totally doable, but more work.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Nope, Rosey won't touch raw, and it'd be more expensive than kibble for us.
Used to feed the ferrets raw til I learned Ren is allergic, and I refuse to search for buffalo for them to eat.

Oh, I forgot to answer...yes I feed raw. Its been over 10 years now for me (well my dogs anyways....the cats have been little poops about it)

Toller_08

I feed raw to Dance. It is more expensive than feeding her kibble, but just slightly. Eventually I plan on buying from the local raw co-op type company once I get a dog freezer, but even then it will still me more than feeding kibble. Especially for all three.

That said, it's definitely worth it to me if you can afford it. I don't really see that much of a difference in Dance's health, but I feel better not giving her processed kibble daily. And also, her breath is evidently much better on raw. I gave her kibble the other night for the first time in months and she smelled so fishy and icky... and it wasn't even a fish based food. Her coat is softer on raw too. I wish I could switch the Dobermans over just to see if their slight doggy body odour would go away, but I can't yet.

Barbara!

I have 4 dogs, three of them eat 4+ cups a day...so my kibble prices are ridiculous. Lol.

kady05

I feed raw, have for almost a year now (to Piper, anyway). Pricing definitely depends on your area, and if you're able to buy in bulk or not. It can definitely be cheaper than kibble at times, especially if you're able to score free stuff. I got easily 300lbs. of venison and other various meats during our last hunting season, which was awesome!

darkchild16

We are Home.
Im shocked a mal eats that little :p Thats why I asked what she was feeding 4 of with 4+ a day. Walker doesnt even eat that much and Patches isnt calm in the least LOL. Compared to a Mal yes but her and Walker wont stop playing.

kady05

Really depends on the kibble you're feeding.. I'm sure Sako could go through 4 cups a day on one that wasn't high in calories. Actually, that part of the reason why I switched him to raw.. he could NOT keep weight on with kibble, and the more I threw at him, the more he just pooped it all out! On raw he holds his weight perfectly (he eats about 1.8lbs. a day; he's 50ish lbs.).

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
On other foods we were breeching 6 a day but now I find if I over feed they just over poop.

My TDs old dutchie male was at a ridiculous 8-10 cups a day of grain free blue buffalo. I'd cry, pure and simple. Lol I value my minimally eating old pit bulls lately.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
On other foods we were breeching 6 a day but now I find if I over feed they just over poop.

My TDs old dutchie male was at a ridiculous 8-10 cups a day of grain free blue buffalo. I'd cry, pure and simple. Lol I value my minimally eating old pit bulls lately.
Yah, rosey was on 10 cups of GF BB and losing weight. Needless to say, she wasn't kept on it

Members online

No members online now.