Dog coats for boys

BostonBanker

Those of you that have male dogs who wear coats - what the heck do you use? I've bought several coats for Gusto, and tried on many more, and I have yet to find one that has a belly strap he doesn't pee on. I finally took his fleece Fido Fleece type blanket to an alteration shop and had the belly cut back enough that he can wear it, but I am looking for a top layer (and ideally an easier one to get the little monkey in and out of for my mother). I'm considering a Foggy Mountain, just because the straps cross, which I'm hoping pulls them more towards the middle of the belly. Any other types that have worked for you?

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
Smudge has a shedrow from greenhawk he hasn't peed on. He also has numerous hoodies. But, what fits Cider well doesn't fit him well and vice versa.

katielou

Slave to the Aussie
I finally settled on one from aussie naturals. A top layer and a wool under layer that can be worn together or on their own.

elegy

overdogged
Huh. Mushroom hasn't peed on his Fido Fleece that I can smell. And it's big on him. But he's a big time hike that leg way way way up in the air kind of guy.

Boys. I'll tell ya.

BostonBanker

Huh. Mushroom hasn't peed on his Fido Fleece that I can smell. And it's big on him. But he's a big time hike that leg way way way up in the air kind of guy.
Gusto is still a squatter. So even if the blanket isn't quite in the way, as soon as he squats, it gets pushed backwards.

Off to google a few of those!

milos_mommy

I put a regular all-the-way-around coat on Milo....he pees on command, so I just roll it up or take it off to pee, and then put it back on. I kind of did the same with the foster boy on walks, but I'd also take the coat off if he was going to be off leash because I couldn't be right there every time he was about to pee to stop and move his sweatshirt.

Dekka

Just try me..
All my boys have shedrows, no way they can pee on them without some serious contortions or peeing lying on their backs...

Members online