I returned a dog to it's owner!

Sheba

I W A L R
The dog was roaming around in front of our house when we came home from shopping.My mom said to leave it alone, it had a collar on.Well, after we took everything in, I ran outside and found the dog.It took me right up to it's porch, and I rang the doorbell.A lady answered and said "Thank You for returning Simba!"

P.S.- the dog was a Lab mix

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
That's very nice of you. I have done that once. I really didn't want to bring her back she was really skinny and had fleas really bad or something. She was such a friendly dog and then when she saw her owner she tucked her tail between her legs and cowered. I swore the next time she was loose I was going to take her but we live so far away now and I can't come and get her if she's spotted running loose.

yentna

I had a little 3 or 4 month old puppy follow me from my neighborhood all the way to campus when I was graduating, about a mile and a half walk. I kept trying to get it to go home, but alas, it followed me. It didn't have a collar, but it looked really healthy and cared for, and was pretty well socialized, so I knew it shouldn't really be a stray. I had to go in for graduation, so I gave the puppy so a security guard for the duration, and picked it up when I was done. Tied my purse strap to it and walked it back home, knocking on all my neighbor's doors. No luck, the puppy stayed with me for the night, and the next day as I was putting up "found" signs, the owner saw me and claimed the dog.

I was so sad to give the pup back, the owner obviously was very irresponsible. No collar, no petting of the dog, just casually asking how I'd found the dog, no thanks or anything, just yanked the dog down the street. :(

Members online

No members online now.