As they call it - ferret math... lol

Brattina88

Izzy is doing VERY well ;) her coat is very soft and glossy. She went to the vet last week and the week before and got her shots. The vet was very impressed with her coat and her sparkle eyes :D So I have been getting her used to her harness and her carrier (she did not like it at all when going to the vet, so I'm getting her used to it so she'll like it now) so we can go places together :)
She is not nipping at all, currently, I was having an issue communicating with her that it hurts since she is deaf, but once she caught on she caught on fast! She is a sweetheart and LOVES to play with Maddie. And Maddie plays better with Izzy than any of the dogs (foster or roommates dogs). And after she plays with Maddie and explores the house for a little bit she'll tolerate cuddling :D lucky me!
I have pet stairs so she can come in and out of her FN cage whenever she wants, when we are home. I only shut the doors of the cage when we are not home, or if we're moving furniture or something, I don't want her to get hurt while she's trying to "help" lol

My roommate/best friend has also fallen in love with Izzy (who wouldn't?! lol) She offers to take care of her all the time, lets her out of the cage when she's home and I'm at work. We've talked about getting Izzy a friend, and she's told me probably a thousand times that she never knew she'd love ferrets this much, and she'd LOVE on of her own. So we kept out eyes open at the shelter, and craigslist and stuff. And yesterday she brought home her baby Annabelle aka Annie. (Annabelle and Isabelle... even I am not that clever about naming LOL)

So Annie and Izzy get on like they are long lost sisters, but I'm lucky in that when out of the cage Izzy still seeks me out and wants to have fun with me (or Maddie!). Annie is unusually cuddely... she fell asleep on my friends lap after introductions to Izzy yesterday. I've told my friend that she'll grow out of that :D She is completely adorable.

I didn't realize the extent of what the vet was talking about (about her eyes and coat) until we brought Annie home and compaired. Her coat is very bristly and she's pretty smelly :-X
But by watching Izzy I know she is going to catch on to the raw diet quickly, and her coat will be just as amazing in time!
:p I denied ferret math could strike me, but it did. Hard. :D

Zoom

Twin 2.0
One of my roommates in college had a ferret named Hobbes. He was awesome, though he thought my rats were "fast food" and we had to keep an eye out on that. Otherwise, I would love to have one someday!

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
Ditto the ferret math! I intended to have only one, and ended up with three. I love Annie! She looks exactly like my Trunks.

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
im thinking about trying to talk the roomies to switch their pair of ferts onto raw (right now there on that marshals stuff and its fish based *yicky*)
any suggestions?
id love to know what your ferret meal plan is...
(im also planning on switching the dogs to raw too)

Labyrinth

im thinking about trying to talk the roomies to switch their pair of ferts onto raw (right now there on that marshals stuff and its fish based *yicky*)
any suggestions?
id love to know what your ferret meal plan is...
(im also planning on switching the dogs to raw too)

I don't feed raw personally, but it's definitely best. Marshall's food is probably one of the worst ferret foods out there. If you can't talk them into raw, see if you can nudge them to a better kibble! :D

VonDoom

haha renee dont be so sure, i have four crazy dogs and four ferrets. trust me i worry more about the dogs then the little munsters ;)

puppydog

Tru evil has no pantyline
I hate ferret threads! They are illegal in South Africa and I desperately want one! :(

haha renee dont be so sure, i have four crazy dogs and four ferrets. trust me i worry more about the dogs then the little munsters ;)
Mine think that sort of critter is delicious :eek: Kharma dispatched and ate her first groundhog at 5 months old . . . Tallulah -- No. Freaking. Way. I'd never expose a small animal to her. She can't even be trusted with my mother's cats. I think Bimmer could override his wilder instincts, but it would be asking a great deal of him.

PixieSticksandTricks

Athletic Labs. They Exist
I'd love to have a Ferret again someday. We had a white male when I was a kid who got free roam of our house. He was so cool.

Annie is adorable ;)

Members online

No members online now.