I'm a blubbering fool, but my dogs...

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
are saints.

I was reading a thread on another forum about a dog who the owners had worked hard with for a long time on some aggression issues, and in the end, put the dog down because it was too hard on them and the dog. It really struck home that if Bella's issues had been different, and her issues had been getting stressed and reacting at me, or my family, that I would have had to do that same thing.

So here I sat at the laptop on the 'dog couch', crying like a fool, sorry for the loss of a dog who wanted to be something she mentally couldn't be (they said she wasn't right in the head), and crying because I saw how that could have been Bella's issues, and I got off lucky, when Bella sits up from her snooze on the other couch in the room (notice I'M on the dog couch, and Bella's on the people couch!) looks at me, cocks her head, and Psyche gets up off the floor, comes over and curls up at my side, head on my leg.

Bella watched me for a bit longer 'till I got the tears under control.

Anyway, moral of the story, it amazes me how in-tune my dogs are to me. I wasn't crying hysterically or anything, just some tears and some snuffling. But they both took time to notice and kind of 'comfort' me.

(Zoey's in the other room, zonked.)

Have I mentioned in the last little while that I love dogs, specifically my dogs?

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
She sure has been an experience. And my god I've become attached to her. I love both Zoey and Psych', but Bella's my heart dog, I think. I can bring myself to tears just thinking about her being gone (which I can also do with the others - but can calm myself down with a "they're young, there's nothing to worry about. They're still here" but with her, it takes me a bit to calm myself down and realize that she's here now, she's my baby, and I'll do whatever I have to for her).

I just want to cuddle her, now. She's all curled up on the couch (well as small as a 26inch GSD can get!), and she looks so **** cute! :p

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
It's not my fault she has that squissssssshy face that I love so much! :p And she's perfect for hugging with all her floppy saggy skin, lol.

Bella actually doesn't mind the sneak attack hugs - as long as she can give some kisses, too! :p

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I was crying over a boyfriend problem one night and kenya woke up from next to me, licked my hand, then ran to the living room.. i was like wtf? and then she came back with her cuz ball and put it next to me and then jumped back on my bed and went back to sleep lol I thought it was just the cutest thing.. like she was trying to cheer me up by giving me her most prized possesion

Doggies are the best.. im gonna so miss having one in college

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Yup, both my dogs are like that. :) It's nice to see they care. And it was sad about that dog, but I think the owners did the right thing by the dog.

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
I cannot imagine having a dog who aggresses toward you... I think that if that happened with either of my dogs, I would be beside myself. :( I, too, feel so much for people who are forced to deal with that.

My dogs are insanely intuned to me. If I'm upset or whatever, in my room, with the door closed, I will hear something at my door and I'll see both of their noses pressed underneath it. I can't be sad because I know it makes them sad. If I can trust my dogs in any way, to do anything, it's to always trust/love/comfort me and to never feel threatened by me or in turn threaten me. Beyond that, it's amazing how much dogs who aren't even your dogs recognize a complete stranger's feelings. Sometimes, at daycamp, if there are a lot of obnoxious dogs getting into scuffles and I feel overwhelmed, there are a lot of dogs who sense that and run over to comfort me. And it's not like I'm freaking out - I make sure that even when I'm very overwhelmed it does not show at ALL, not even in my tone of voice. But the dogs sense it and try to help me. Especially this GSP named Bunsen who is in daycamp every day... when I feel stressed out, he's immediately at my side, nuzzling my hands. It must be a Muppet dog thing. :)

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
Fran, that's too cute! She brought you a present - Psyche does that to me, even when I'm no upset.

Lizmo, I agree, they did right by the dog. I can only imagine how hard it must have been for them, and for the dog who seemed like she was TRYING but couldn't mentally get a grasp on how she needed to behave.

Iheartgonzo, I also don't know what I'd do. Bella has a LOT of issues, but she has NEVER shown ANY aggression towards me, even when I'm being stupid and risking my safety with her while she's being bad around other dogs (I've put my face in front of hers while she's in full "Gotta get that dog!" mode). I don't know what I'd do if she 'turned on' me unprovoked. It would be something I could deal with for a little while, but not near as long as this family did.

Man, I love my Misfits!

Members online

No members online now.