juvenile deliquent

We had Princess at work with us today. We spent all afternoon lettering a squad car. When they came to pick it up the one officer didnt know she'd take off and he stood with the door open. AWAY SHE WENT! I felt bad for him, he really was feeling bad that he let her out. I told him not to worry, she'll just head home.
We tried to get her with the truck but she wasnt intersted. My husband was getting so mad I finally told him just go back to the shop, I'll head her home. Had no idea how to do this but it was getting dark and alot of traffic on the streets. I ended up crossing the gully which leads to a field and sat waiting for her to want to go into this field. For the longest time she ignored me sitting there. Finally she notices me and jumps the gully and into the field she goes. This field use to be our shortcut home when we was at the other shop so she knew the way. When she'd head the wrong way I'd just walk towards where I wanted her and sit down and wait. Worked everytime. But she wouldnt come close to me.
Finally we make it to our yard but she wont come in. By now I was getting ticked off. Then she goes to cross the street again. I hollared FINE! LIVE ON THE STREETS THEN! And I went in. My husband came home and he tried again but no luck, he got mad and said FINE JUST STAY OUT THEN! He came in. Then we look out and she's in the road with a pretty black Rott. Never seen this dog before but she was sure pretty. So we went back out for one last attempt to get this juvenile deliquent. Called for the Rott to come. She came. Princess followed of course and we was able to get her. One time I was so glad to have someones dog running lose!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Was she grinning when she came in? A little independence day for her? for shame for shame for shame..Who is the neighbor kid? Victor loves a friend..we had one next door named Keiser that use to come over to play. We miss kieser and every once in a while i go back over to see if he is out so we can say Hi.

You must have been so far past ticked off! I know how ready I am to strangle Kharma when she's gotten out and won't stop herding the cows. She stops for a moment after I've called her three or four times, looks at me like she's going to come, then starts shaking, looks back at the cows, ducks her head and off she goes. Once she's got them all in one place she comes back in, all hang-dog. But, oh, it just infuriates me when she does it!

Ya, I hate it when my dogs refuse to come in from the backyard. They just stare at me and Boomer figured out that if he goes into the pool, he can't come in till he's dry. Dogs, too smart for their own good.

-Jon

Barb04

Super Moderator
I know the feeling when they don't listen. I am glad though that she finally did come home, with a new friend?

Sunnypup

mostly ignored...
maybe it is just because he is still a baby (probably is) but if I run the other way and say goodbye Sunny chases me down. Could this help or is your girl just far too independent to care if "mom" is leaving her? :rolleyes: Well I guess she is if she spent all day running. Weren't you so frusturated at your desire to strangle her and kiss her all at the same time? Or were you past the kissing?lol.

Members online