The dog musing/vent thread

Finkie_Mom

It's A Red Dog Revolution
Landlords and buying houses and responsibility and blah. :p

It should happen come winter/spring though for realz! As long as I find a house I want first...
Yeah, it's probably just easier to wait until you get a house versus dealing with a landlord..... Being responsible is so lame!

Finkie_Mom

SOOOO I was contacted by someone who writes for a dog magazine and is doing an article about multi-titled Finnish Spitz!!!! Aheeeeeee!!! But I have no pictures (other than professional ones) of Kimma running, and they want pics. Who wants to come take some for me?? LOL.

JazzyTheSibe

Love is 4 legged word
I want... a puppy.
Me too, really bad. I'd love to have a puppy(or a dog),but I can't. One day I will have a puppy. Hopefully soon,but however long it is, it's worth the wait.

Also, I'd love to have a Mudi.

Last edited:

Paviche

Duuuuude.
Count me in on the puppy want! It's 100% not realistic now, I'm too broke, not in a stable living situation, 3 dogs is a huge step from 2, and I have a LOT of work I want to do with my boys before I even think about another dog. In that sense I honestly don't even have an active "want." It's a few years down the line when my bills are paid off, I have a solid savings, I have my own house, my dogs are trained & competing...

But I'm still SO excited about it happening in the future! I'm really pumped on having my first puppy, and my first well-bred dog. :)

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I also want a puppy. And Payton is about to turn three in a few months. If I stick to my original "three years between dogs" IT IS TIME FOR A PUPPY NOW. But it isn't because I'm trying to space them out longer. But.
puppy.
want.
right now.
today.

DJEtzel

I also want a puppy. And Payton is about to turn three in a few months. If I stick to my original "three years between dogs" IT IS TIME FOR A PUPPY NOW. But it isn't because I'm trying to space them out longer. But.
puppy.
want.
right now.
today.
Just do it.

Upendi&Mina

Mainstreme Elitist
If you are a pompous as EVERYTIME I post something about my dogs I will get pissy. My dogs are going to act out when we move into out new place? Oh really someone should have told Cara that she should have acted out the last four times we've moved in the past two years.

Sekah

The Monster.
When I moved with Cohen from our old family home to my apartment there were zero issues. When I moved from the apartment to my new home... there were major issues.

Cohen's itinerary for the first two days went something like this:

5pm: Eat an entire bag of flour in the kitchen.
8am: Poop lumpy, floury liquid in several places in carpeted basement.
830am: Pee in Adrian's motorcycle boots. Like, directly in them.
9am: Run through patio screen. Needed new dog door anyway.
10am: Roll in raccoon **** behind the shed.

Luckily she settled down soon after, but her terrible behaviour for the first little while was completely uncharacteristic. It totally blindsided me. My husband was ready to kill her.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
The problem is my next dog is intended to be a Payton-baby. And Payton is certainly TRYING to give me Payton-babies, although I would really he rather NOT have Payton-babies with his sister.
But he has to be CERF'd yet, and I need to see him on sheep before we can make any further concrete plans. And my plans right now involve not taking a puppy from his first breeding... I'll just sell one to my mom and then I'll raise him for her LOL.

On the upside, if he has no instinct on sheep, he gets neutered and then PUPPY. NOW.

DJEtzel

The problem is my next dog is intended to be a Payton-baby. And Payton is certainly TRYING to give me Payton-babies, although I would really he rather NOT have Payton-babies with his sister.
But he has to be CERF'd yet, and I need to see him on sheep before we can make any further concrete plans. And my plans right now involve not taking a puppy from his first breeding... I'll just sell one to my mom and then I'll raise him for her LOL.

On the upside, if he has no instinct on sheep, he gets neutered and then PUPPY. NOW.
But you could get a puppy NOW and maybe that one will be three before you're ready to breed P the second time? XD

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
But you could get a puppy NOW and maybe that one will be three before you're ready to breed P the second time? XD
I'm only allowed four dogs in the city. So next puppy will be the last until a) I can afford to move into the country or b) somebody goes... which I'm guessing b will happen before a.

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
puppy.
want.
right now.
today.
I'm dying for a puppy, too. I haven't had one of my own for almost six years.

I'm dying.

Finkie_Mom

This is one more reason why I love where I work. I get my puppy fever fix there. We have two GSD puppies coming this week :D

And a Dutchie sometime in the next few weeks :)

Otherwise I would probably ALSO be dying, even though Jari is only (almost :yikes:) a year old. And I cannot have another dog/puppy here for a good, long time yet.

Members online

No members online now.