The Venting Thread

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Merlin is starting his pre-teen angsty rebellions. Is that normal around 6 months?

I can actually see the wheels turning and see him DECIDING to not listen to me. I know you KNOW what sit means Merlin.

And people are so FRUSTRATING. Like, I think it's great so many people want to meet him but when I say "I'm training him not to jump" or am obviously stepping on his leash, don't say "OH IT'S OK" and then encourage him to jump on you.
It won't be so ok when he weighs 50 pounds!
Ahh I remember those days, Josefina was a "should I or shouldn't I?" Kind of puppy , Izze was the "up yours" & run the other way type ... Both are equally frustrating, you just want to :wall: :wall: while strangling them (not really) because they KNOW the command they just don't want to do them. >.<

DJEtzel

Merlin is starting his pre-teen angsty rebellions. Is that normal around 6 months?

I can actually see the wheels turning and see him DECIDING to not listen to me. I know you KNOW what sit means Merlin.

And people are so FRUSTRATING. Like, I think it's great so many people want to meet him but when I say "I'm training him not to jump" or am obviously stepping on his leash, don't say "OH IT'S OK" and then encourage him to jump on you.
It won't be so ok when he weighs 50 pounds!
6 months sounds about right. Recon is almost 8 months now and it has been coming/going. Mostly it was just him blowing off his recall twice about a month ago to go play with some Huskies by the pond. I had no reward on me and he knew it and was like "seeya later mom!" as he happily scurried to the pond. It's been ok since then, but he's getting a little more demanding and trying new things; like sitting on chairs!

Generally, he questions everything now. He'll wait me out to see if I'm gonna offer something BEFORE he does it... this has been resulting in 10 second sits as he slowly places his butt on the floor... he's getting more hormonal, though, too. I am constantly telling him not to hump SOMETHING. And he listens real well but BOY does he want to!

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I am getting frustrated and stressy about all this house buying crap. Why is everything so expensive?

Seriously keep working myself into a near panic attack about being able to buy a house in a year or so.

Bubble bath. I need a bubble bath.

DJEtzel

I am getting frustrated and stressy about all this house buying crap. Why is everything so expensive?

Seriously keep working myself into a near panic attack about being able to buy a house in a year or so.

Bubble bath. I need a bubble bath.
Bubble baths solve everything. I need a new tub, that's my vent.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
My right foot is KILLING me like hurting so very very bad. I had to wear my alt pair of boots the other day because it rained & my others aren't tall enough to slosh through the flooded walker.

Well now I am paying for it because now the inside of my right foot (like btw the inside part of the arch & the underside of the ankle) hurts so bad that walking is agony :( & this is coming from someone who was kicked point blank in the shoulder by a horse & didn't even take OTC pain meds or go to the hospital.

I don't know what it is, since when I massage or run my feet nothing is topically sore, it feels like its deep in the foot somewhere..... I don't know :/

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
My mom just told me my aunt called a few hours ago that she had taken my grandma to the ER. Apparently my grandma was out in her yard working and lost track of time, which isn't unusual, but when my aunt got there for dinner, my grandma went in and started cooking and "didn't know what to do next." Couldn't remember how to finish cooking I guess. I'm not really sure what that means. Anyway, my aunt thinks she had a stroke and she took her to the ER. They were supposed to do an x-ray (??) at 8. It's 10:30 and we haven't heard anything else yet.

My grandma has not been doing well for a while. The lack of information/weird conveying of what happened aside, this is, um, scary.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
My mom just told me my aunt called a few hours ago that she had taken my grandma to the ER. Apparently my grandma was out in her yard working and lost track of time, which isn't unusual, but when my aunt got there for dinner, my grandma went in and started cooking and "didn't know what to do next." Couldn't remember how to finish cooking I guess. I'm not really sure what that means. Anyway, my aunt thinks she had a stroke and she took her to the ER. They were supposed to do an x-ray (??) at 8. It's 10:30 and we haven't heard anything else yet.

My grandma has not been doing well for a while. The lack of information/weird conveying of what happened aside, this is, um, scary.
:( Vibes!

ETA: I will add a vent. I should have gone to bed hours ago to catch up on sleep. However, I did not.

stafinois

Professional Nerd
I had a guy in high school convince me Skor was a drug.

Yeah, I'm pretty cool. I still can't look at the candy and think else wise.

Meanwhile, I can't sleep and I'm up at 530am tomorrow. Boo.
a

I'm awake as well, and technically up at the same time given the time change. I need to stop working on my presentation for the night. I could work on it forever and still not be happy.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Oh my gosh. People I sometimes can't handle. Going over after care for a dog that had a dental and a lump removed from his lip... "yeah, he got that lump because the muzzle he wears all night rubs against his skin. It's a nylon muzzle." I'm sorry.... what. Your dog wears a nylon muzzle ALL NIGHT LONG? "Because he destroys bedding without it." :doh: I don't know, how about a crate or something? For some reason I didn't think to suggest THAT but the first thing that popped out of my mouth was "yeahhh if you're going to be doing that I'd at least get a good fitted basket muzzle instead of nylon."
Which, the woman quickly wrote that down and was very excited about it, as if I had just invented fire or something. Somehow I don't think the suggestion to crate would have went over as well.

I'm just like.... you people are dumb.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Apparently staying in my room and having no contact with anyone didn't stop the flu from spreading.

My room is right beside the bathroom. I get to hear it all night long.

Members online

No members online now.