Plane makes emergency landing after dog bites two on plane en route from Newark

Idiot....

Plane makes emergency landing after dog bites two on plane en route from Newark | NJ.com

PITTSBURGH — A US Airways flight headed to Phoenix made an emergency landing in Pittsburgh after a dog on board bit a passenger and a flight attendant.

US Airways spokesman Todd Lehmacher says the flight left Newark Liberty International Airport this morning. Lehmacher says a passenger carrying a dog let the animal out of its carrier and it bit a passenger and flight attendant.

The severity of the bites was not known. Lehmacher says the pilot decided to land in Pittsburgh to make sure everyone was OK.

Lehmacher says the airline hoped to get the passengers to Phoenix as soon as possible.

Lehmacher says US Airways allows passengers to carry certain pets if they are secured in approved carriers and kept under their seats.

JennSLK

F150 and a .30-06
Idiot for taking the dog out in a very stressfull situation.

An emergency landing? Really who bad could the bites be to an adult from a dog small enough to be a carry on??

Brattina88

:rolleyes: Yea... now there are a whole bunch of people on facebook saying dogs shouldn't be allowed on airplanes anyway :mad:
...Idiot dog owners ruin it for everybody...

Romy

Taxiderpy
It says a passenger tried to "calm it" and it bit them, then broke out of the carrier and ran down the aisle. Then it bit the stewardess as she tried to catch it. It doesn't say anything about the owner letting it out.

I wonder what the real story is. Toy dog bites can be pretty ugly. If it was in a lot of pain from the altitude changes and frightened I can imagine it giving someone a full bite or two.

It could be worse. I just saw this story about a smuggled crocodile causing a panic on a plane that brought it down killing 20 and leaving 1 passenger and the croc alive. Then the poor croc was hacked to death. I think in another article they said the croc's mouth was muzzled throughout the whole ordeal so he couldn't have harmed anyone in the first place.

Aircraft crashes after crocodile on board escapes and sparks panic - Telegraph

Members online

No members online now.