Help!

zoe08

I am posting this here instead of rescue, so maybe more people will see it quickly. Last Saturday a couple of lady's came by asking if we lost a corgi, they had her with them. She is the sweetest thing, but we didn't know and we went to the neighbors to see if it was theirs and it wasnt and they didnt know either. They were going to take her to check if she got micro-chipped, but I dont know if they found out anything. A different lady I guess came by with her the next day, my sister answered the door then. Well 15 minutes ago guess who shows up at my door? This little girl. And it has been pouring all day so she is soaking wet. She is a bit overweight, so she is definitely fed. She does not have a collar. So if these people have already lost her twice, why haven't they put a collar on her and paid more attention? What do I do? Try to find the owners and then give her back even if she keeps getting out? I am so afraid she will get run over or something, but all she wants to do is sit and be petted.

Mayasmydobe

I'm PAWMAZING!
can you buy a collar and leash for her. it doesnt have to be expensive, and then get her back to them and let them know that she needs to be watched more carefully?

joce

What does animal control do in your area?

Some people only start looking after there dogs after they loose some money bailing there doggy out. And if they won't go get her chances are someone more deserving will take her.

I'd also google corgi rescue in your area and see if they could take her in if you need that as an option.

Any pics?

zoe08

I actually went and talked to the people who found her first, and they never found her owners. She ran off from the park from them and they thought she found home. I am guessing she didn't ever find home because she is thinner now than she was a week ago.

I am going to keep her here tonight. And see what I can do tomorrow. Zoe is not too happy about it, but she'll get over it. She loves my sister, she follows her around. I think she knows who she has to convince to get to stay. lol.

She is kind of scared of the camera, I got a couple not so good pics, but she is absolutely adorable. I will try to post the pics up later. But I will be keeping her until I find her owners if I can. I don't want her going to live in a shelter for sure.

Oh yeah, I tried to give her some of Zoe's dog food (nature's variety) and she just sniffed it. The ladies down the street gave me a bag (old roy :( ) that they said she ate a little bit of. They said that she will eat something like cheerios though. They also gave me a toy that they had given her.

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
Ohh she's a cutie! Corgis can get fat very easily - it doesn't take much to make them pork up. She looks like a mix, but definitely a Corgi x SomethingOrOther...

Good luck finding her (a) home!

zoe08

She won't eat dry dog food. Last night I gave her a little bit of left over food, but I don't know what I should put for her to eat now? Should I try canned food? I made a flyer, and if i have time today i am going to walk her around the neighborhood to see if I can find who she belongs too.

Members online

No members online now.