Introducing.... my new hog island boa

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
She needs a nameeeeee.... ideas???

This pretty little girl is reserved for me and I'll be getting her in a couple weeks or so. I'm beyond excited for her. This will be my first boa, but I've been eyeing hog island boas for a couple years now and as soon as my husband and landlord gave me the green light I started searching breeders. She's pure hog island and an absolute beauty.

Did I mention I'm excited????

So... names... if anyone has suggestions please please offer them up. I want something exotic sounding...

I'm a big Game of Thrones fan so some of the names I'm considering are Nymeria (Arya Stark's dire wolf) and Khaleesi.

I also love Lord of The Rings and The Hobbit and really like the new elf character that is not in the books, but is introduced in the new Hobbit movie. Her name is Tauriel. I don't like plain regular names when it comes to snakes.

Anyways... hope you like her. There will definitely be more pics once she is here and settled in.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I'm not one for snakes, but she is gorgeous.

And I love all of those names. I know. I'm so helpful! When I saw her I thought of the name "Selena". Only maybe spelled Saelena. Of the names you listed, I thought I liked Nymeria the best, but now I'm thinking Tauriel.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Thank you. I can't wait until she is home with me. I'm seriously crazy about hog islands. Another name that was suggested to me on Facebook was Pig since she is a hog lol. It isn't exotic sounding like I want, but I actually really like it too.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Thank you. I can't wait until she is home with me. I'm seriously crazy about hog islands. Another name that was suggested to me on Facebook was Pig since she is a hog lol. It isn't exotic sounding like I want, but I actually really like it too.
If you are at all a Harry Potter fan, Ron's owl that he got later on in the series' name was Pigwidgeon - Pig for short.

Equinox

I love her!! So excited for you :)

As far as names go, if you can avoid Khaleesi, please do LOL I liked the name about a year ago, but now it's really just overdone. Everyone and their dog and their kid and their snakes and their geckos are getting named Khaleesi.

Dragon names from the ASOIAF series include

Drogon
Rhaegal
Viserion
Balerion
Meraxes
Vhagar
Vermithor
Tessarion
Morghul
Shrykos
Syrax
Meleys
Caraxes
Vermax
Arrax
Tyraxes

Most of them are male dragons, but I think you could get away with that. If my snake had been a female, I definitely would have chosen a Sand Snake name... one of which actually is a Nymeria. I'm a huge fan of the Dornish, but I don't know how far you are into the book series (if at all). Their names are

Obara Sand
Nymeria Sand (Lady Nym)
Tyene Sand
Sarella Sand
Elia Sand

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
If you are at all a Harry Potter fan, Ron's owl that he got later on in the series' name was Pigwidgeon - Pig for short.

I love that! I'm thinking I might save that idea for when I get a male hog down the road.

I love her!! So excited for you :)

As far as names go, if you can avoid Khaleesi, please do LOL I liked the name about a year ago, but now it's really just overdone. Everyone and their dog and their kid and their snakes and their geckos are getting named Khaleesi.

Dragon names from the ASOIAF series include

Drogon

Rhaegal

Viserion

Balerion

Meraxes

Vhagar

Vermithor

Tessarion

Morghul

Shrykos

Syrax

Meleys

Caraxes

Vermax

Arrax

Tyraxes

Most of them are male dragons, but I think you could get away with that. If my snake had been a female, I definitely would have chosen a Sand Snake name... one of which actually is a Nymeria. I'm a huge fan of the Dornish, but I don't know how far you are into the book series (if at all). Their names are

Obara Sand

Nymeria Sand (Lady Nym)

Tyene Sand

Sarella Sand

Elia Sand

I love some of the ones you posted. Just have to figure out how to pronounce them lol. I think at this point I'm actually leaning more towards Nymeria. Still not 100% positive though.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I added more names to my list of possible names

Navina
Maeve (pronounced Mave)
Luna
Circe (pronounced sur-see)
Bellatrix (Harry Potter)
Cyra (seer-a, CY-ra) I like the CY-ra pronunciation more
Mila (pronounced mee-la)
Faline (from Bambi)
Alethea (Alicia with a lisp)