Chaz Moms and Moms-to-Be Chat (everyone welcome)

sddeadeye

Sorry, I am new to the site but would like to join this thread. :)

Brooklyn is our 3 year old daughter. Hubby and I have been discussing a second child, but it will not be happening in the too near future.

This is one of my favorite pictures of her from this past winter.

And something much more recent

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Yes, sorry I wasnt clear, I meant when the hips and bottom are in a seated position that is the proper position...but what it affects is the spine
I do wonder with these things.... How many children have we met or are we as adults, that have spine problems from carriers :/ realistically.

And all the rest... Foot problems from walkers, etc etc

milos_mommy

I know plenty of adults with unexplained back problems...it could be from a number of things, but I wouldn't rule out that those carriers could have contributed.

Speaking of hip/joint development...my daughter loves to be carrier in what is essentially a front facing crotch dangling position. I'm considering getting a jumperoo. She's only 10 weeks, holding her head up and sitting assisted. I'm not sure if she's too young for it, 3 months is recommended.

Those are also cited for hip and spine problems, but if she's only in it for 10-15 mins at a time for no more than 30-45 minutes a day, it should be fine, right?

Does anyone use one, and how did you know your baby was ready for it?

I know plenty of adults with unexplained back problems...it could be from a number of things, but I wouldn't rule out that those carriers could have contributed.

Speaking of hip/joint development...my daughter loves to be carrier in what is essentially a front facing crotch dangling position. I'm considering getting a jumperoo. She's only 10 weeks, holding her head up and sitting assisted. I'm not sure if she's too young for it, 3 months is recommended.

Those are also cited for hip and spine problems, but if she's only in it for 10-15 mins at a time for no more than 30-45 minutes a day, it should be fine, right?

Does anyone use one, and how did you know your baby was ready for it?
We put Everleigh in hers at around 10 weeks. She's always had really good head/neck strength. She's almost 14 weeks now and it's only been in the past couple of days that she understands the cause and effect of how to bounce but even before this, she loved it. It's been the ONE thing that lets me get anything done around the house/eat/pee.

CaliTerp07

Went to the doctor today to draw blood/talk to the CNM. The following was established:

• I can drink pumpkin beer this fall. She said 1 or two per day is fine, and I NEVER drink near that.
  • She doesn't think I'll show until 7+ months. No buying new coats for winter, thankfully
  • I CAN GO TO MACCHU PICCHU! She said no hiking (we didn't want to, we were going to do the train), and be extremely careful of what I eat, but it should be okay. I'm going to book a tour for elderly or something so that the walking pace is more my style.

Next Friday I will go in for a dating sonogram. Then I guess it's real, and I need to start telling my principal/colleagues so we can plan out the last quarter of the school year. Tomorrow I go to the therapist for the first time ever, to hopefully talk through my anxieties and scrounge up some excitement for this.

Paige

Let it be
Cali you are having a baby?! Yeah!

And being a mom of a child with autism is so strange. My life is all about Briggs and autism.... but at least his therapy has gotten started. :D

milos_mommy

Cali...don't be concerned if it still doesn't feel real after your dating scan. For me it didn't start to feel real until after the anatomy scan and feeling the baby move regularly. Even after I told my family and friends and started buying baby things.

And I was barely showing at 7 months...not sure how a dr could predict that though? At 7 months I looked like 3 months pregnant

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
*sad thing/possible trigger warning please head caution before reading below*

Hey guys, I know this totally isn't my thread and I've butted in a few times but I need some advice.

A friend of mine from college just lost her baby a week ago. She was 4 months old. I was invited to the wake and I just need..advice.

I am at a total loss of what to say. We aren't that close, we are friends in a larger group but we are close enough to know that she absolutely loved being a mom and her and her husband (who is in the army and away) absolutely loved that child and had trouble conceiving (she was born through IVF)
Her husband can't be with her for another few months on top of everything else.

I need to know what to say. What not to say.
I've never been to a wake of this sort.. what would one bring? food? gift?

The baby was totally healthy, I met her a few times.. sweet, active, loud..

I'm just at a total loss. I didn't think I would be affected this much.. I mean, we aren't that close,I've met the child a handful of times.
But I've seen her pictures all over facebook and all their adventures and know what she went through to have her and her husband being gone.

My heart breaks for her and I don't know what to do.
I want to buy her something or help in some way.

milos_mommy

Oh Fran :( I'm sorry for her, and I'm sorry for you, too. Even if you weren't that close, it's still going to affect you.

I'm not sure there is anything you can say. Say you're sorry. Say you're thinking of them. Say you're just a phone call away if she needs anything. I can't really imagine much helps when you lose your baby. I guess in some tiny way knowing that people are there for you might be a start.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Oh Fran :( I'm sorry for her, and I'm sorry for you, too. Even if you weren't that close, it's still going to affect you.

I'm not sure there is anything you can say. Say you're sorry. Say you're thinking of them. Say you're just a phone call away if she needs anything. I can't really imagine much helps when you lose your baby. I guess in some tiny way knowing that people are there for you might be a start.
This, totally. Just say you are sorry and you are there if they need anythig. Other than that, there is nothingnyou really can say.

As for a gift, find out if they want donations to a cause in leui of flowers. You don't want to bring something that they are just going to have tonstruggle to find something to do with it after the fact. A donation with a card is probably the most meaningful thing you can do at this time

So sorry for your friend :(. I can't even imagine. Praying for them

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I don't... think there is anything you can do. My cousin lost her firstborn as an infant.... a little girl. She also had tons of trouble conceiving then that happened... It is SO hard to watch someone go through. I can't fathom it at all.

I would just be there and hug her and cry and let her know you're there for her if she needs someone. :( It is so sad.

Just follow her lead and be there in whatever way you can.

I have a friend who lost several...twice late term miscarried and then had still birth twins. For her, she really needed to talk about them, to show pictures, etc. For me, I would be (I think) the opposite and more need to just get out of my head. Everyone reacts so different, there is really no "right" thing to say.

(((hugs)))

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Thanks guys I just don't even know what she must be going through. I wish I could like call the president and get her husband back home.

I am going to find a nice card.. I was thinking maybe some giftcards? is that inappropriate? (I was thinking a spa weekend..) like I want her to feel better so I figured the spa but I don't want it to seem like a weird present for such a time..
or do you think just a check or donation would be better?

Her mom is with her right now and emailed everyone invited to say thank you for the thoughts i just.. I dunno. I am struggling with this. She was just a good mom you know? I didn't know her that well but I knew that. She was the kind of mom who made quilts and went to mommy & me

and her facebook is currently a stream of "OH GOD WHAT HAPPENED???" and it's like shut up!!!

milos_mommy

I don't think any gift card to a spa or something is a good idea. Personally I would never ever be able to use that.

I think either having food sent, one of those meal delivery things, or a donation in the baby's honor would be the only appropriate gifts right now.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I don't think any gift card to a spa or something is a good idea. Personally I would never ever be able to use that.

I think either having food sent, one of those meal delivery things, or a donation in the baby's honor would be the only appropriate gifts right now.
that's true.
Her mother and family I believe have arranged a cook to come in twice a day (/grocery delivery) for her.. so that seems to be taken care of.

A donation in the babies honor seems to be the way to go. She is passionate about the environment.. perhaps a donation that plants a tree in her honor?

Members online