2013 Official Chaz Weight Loss Challenge

PlottMom

The Littlest Hound
Nothing like a tough day of INSANITY to remind you that you are totally out of shape :rofl1:

I love this girl
I was cracking up mid video, lol finally some honesty!

I am honestly just on the floor with my laptop right now
sweating
and on the floor unable to move :rofl1:

Everything hurts.
Oi.
My favorite is the girl who goes "I wanna leave." Lol

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Tonight is going to be an "all nighter" at work, so I made sure I worked out this morning. I think I like that better than a hard evening workout. As long as I can drag my sorry butt out of bed in the morning, I'm going to do that more often.

Paige

Let it be
If I don't get active first thing I am so muc h less likely to be active that day.

Went on a 3.5 hour walk with the dog and kids. It was exhausting.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Day 12 of insanity.
Actually puked up water today..that's a new one :rofl1: took some big gulps and then did some jumps and well.. barf.

I am currently sweating like a pig on the floor of my apartment.

Hate the during.
Love the feeling after lol I take a shower and sleep like a BABY!

If I last through the whole program I want a medal

Michiyo-Fir

Fran, are you sore everywhere from the Insanity workout??

I was looking at the Power 90, P90X and Insanity and trying to decide which one I wanted to try. I ended up just going with the Power 90 because I tried the P90X maybe a year ago? and it was waaayy too hard! Pull ups, push ups pull ups push ups, I couldn't do that for 90 minutes!

But I do know Insanity is more cardio and less strength training. Since I don't want to be too buff and I want better endurance I was contemplating it... How are you liking it?

The Power 90 is really not too bad, I'm only starting week 3 tomorrow but it takes between 30-45 minutes a day (I do it in the morning) and I do feel that I'm getting stronger since I can do the military push ups in the video now where I was never able to do before. For those of you wanting to add some strength training into your routine or those beginning to exercise and are not incredibly fit, I highly recommend it! I picked it because I still have a month of school/exams/papers to finish up and can't find time to do 90 minutes of exercising a day and also because Insanity terrifies me....I might try that after lol.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Fran, are you sore everywhere from the Insanity workout??

I was looking at the Power 90, P90X and Insanity and trying to decide which one I wanted to try. I ended up just going with the Power 90 because I tried the P90X maybe a year ago? and it was waaayy too hard! Pull ups, push ups pull ups push ups, I couldn't do that for 90 minutes!

But I do know Insanity is more cardio and less strength training. Since I don't want to be too buff and I want better endurance I was contemplating it... How are you liking it?

The Power 90 is really not too bad, I'm only starting week 3 tomorrow but it takes between 30-45 minutes a day (I do it in the morning) and I do feel that I'm getting stronger since I can do the military push ups in the video now where I was never able to do before. For those of you wanting to add some strength training into your routine or those beginning to exercise and are not incredibly fit, I highly recommend it! I picked it because I still have a month of school/exams/papers to finish up and can't find time to do 90 minutes of exercising a day and also because Insanity terrifies me....I might try that after lol.
I am pretty sore everywhere thanks to insanity, I am pretty familiar with P90x and yea, insanity is A LOT more cardio and sweat.
I, like you, lack strength (which I'm working on) but videos that concentrate so much on pull ups/push ups etc.. don't do it for me. I just end up giving up, I HAVE WEAK SAD ARMS!! LOL

Here are some links to the insanity videos and a bunch of others (..a little less than legal lol) if you'd like to give it a try and see what it's like
http://hula-hips.tumblr.com/tagged/workoutlinks

and the calendar to follow

I like it a lot.
It's really hard but it's never boring. The exercises are simple for the most part and you really feel like you do A LOT for 50 minutes. I end up in a sweaty heap on the floor, every time. There are recovery days and really great stretches and breaks as well.

It's plenty of cardio (which is really what I wanted) but it has enough strength training in there that I am improving!

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Today was fit club. We did Rockin body Disco groove. Super fun and a great cardio workout. My coach was thrilled that I kept up the pace through the whole thing :D. Not an easy workout but very fun

Rockin body is also done by Shaun T :)

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Just finished my workout.

I am rocking super mom status today lol. Had co op this morning and then we came home and I cleaned the heck out of the house and did the laundry. Bathed the child and got my workout in. I was supposed to do fat burning cardio today but since 25 minutes was about as long as I was going to get for a workout I wanted something a little more. So I put on Rockin body Party express an sweated my butt off lol (literally? Lol).

Took my pulse when we started cooldown and it was 156 :) I still have dinner to make, a shower to take and worship team practice tonight lol

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Reading inspirational marathon and half-marathon posts because I'm feeling rather low about... everything right now. And read one which reminded me of last year. There's a point where the full and the half-marathon split off. "Full marathoners go in this lane. Half-marathoners go in this lane." I read the sign. I read it, read it, read it again, and I got in the proper lane.

And after I passed the branching off point, I was suddenly overwhelmed with panic, looked around, spotted people behind me without headphones in and asked them "hey this is still the half-marathon path right? I read that sign right??" Yes, yes I had, but we were all laughing perhaps a little too hysterically about the fact that I had to check.

That was I think about mile 12 and my brain was NOT functioning properly anymore at that point, hence why I had to check and check and double-check.

Why would anybody willingly do this to themselves?! What is wrong with me?!

Paige

Let it be
My brother and I went on a healthy sibling date and bought us a whole whack load of produce to now nom on.

Michiyo-Fir

I'm having the hardest time eating enough HEALTHY calories.... I'm trying to target 1500 a day based on the guide that comes with the Power 90 workout ....but....

It says to eat 4-5 times a day, I can barely even fit in 3 or 4! Also I'm been trying to eat so often I'm constantly extremely full and just shoving food in...

My previous habits had been, eat one giant meal around lunch like 1300-1500 calories..and then for the rest of the day eat random stuff, some fruit, chips, candy, ice cream...

However, I've been trying really hard to eat healthy and it just seems like sooooooo much food...

The other problem is, I don't get up until about 9 and I usually immediately do my workout because after I eat, I have a stomach ache if I work out within an hour or so..

So for example, get up at 9, work out for an hour. Shower and make some food, usually this is sort of my lunch meal.

lunch: 10:30-11
snack: 2-3
meal: 6-8

and then I don't usually eat after unless I had an early dinner because the manual says not to eat 3 hours before going to bed.

In terms of food, for example I've been eating

lunch: Sandwhich, usually chicken avocado or basa fillet and bread (calories 200 for bread, 200 for the 4-6 oz meat/fish, 100 for avocado, 100 for sauce = 600)

snack: I've been trying to shove food in so I've been eating a home made oat bar and a fruit like an apple or pear (calories 250 + 50 = 300)

dinner: some type of protein 4-6 oz, salad, sometimes some pasta or bread but I'm usually sooo full by dinner I can't eat much... (calories 200 + 100 + 200 = 500)

So I ended the day with 1400 and this is the absolute most healthy food I seem to be able to eat. And this is when I'm literally shoving food into myself and feeling like I'm about to vomit when I'm trying to eat each new thing. A lot of days I end on something like 900-1000 but I really want to keep up with muscle recovery and working myself harder and that's not enough calories in order to do it!

Suggestions? I think it's because I'm so used to eating so little "Good" food and filling up on high calorie junk which doesn't take much for a lot of calories....

Last edited:

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Well you could potentially still eat like you used to just with better food choices.

One large meal and then snacking throughout the day. it's not ideal but if it's the only way you can get the calories and still eat healthy food, it's better than nothing. 4-5 meals a day should be small meals or three meals with two snacks.

My good news today... I stepped on the scale and was 184.6 that means I have OFFICIALLY lost 20 lbs :)

Michiyo-Fir

One large meal and then snacking throughout the day. it's not ideal but if it's the only way you can get the calories and still eat healthy food, it's better than nothing. 4-5 meals a day should be small meals or three meals with two snacks.
The problem is I can't seem to hit my calories with just healthy foods. I used to easily eat 1500 in a meal because that's like a poutine and some ice cream...

But if I want to eat 1500 calories of healthy food like chicken breasts.. Even if I eat 16 oz of chicken breast, which is 2 whole ones (that's only like 600 calories), plus 2 cups of cooked rice (600), I still haven't hit it and I'm so stuff I'm probably about to throw up. 2 chicken breasts is waaayy too much.

Michiyo-Fir

I'm not..but unfortunately I DETEST most nuts :( I've been trying to eat more avocado but I don't know if the extra fat is good or bad for me...

Oko

Silence, peasants.
Ah, well there goes that. Sorry I'm not much help. I will say, I don't get too freaked out about calories being absolutely perfect. Like if I stop and do the math (here's me, stopping and calculating), I've taken in like 800 calories today. This is not a normal day for me, so I don't worry about it being low, considering I'm still sick and appetite is not all there. I hope you can figure out a balance!

On a side note, I had a fun time playing 'will it blend' in my kitchen this evening with various fruit whilst making a smoothie-concoction. Apples do blend, btw. :rofl1:

Michiyo-Fir

Ah yes!!! Smoothies!! That's a good suggestion in itself! I love banana avocado smoothies and they're easily 400 calories! I have to start making those and maybe trying that for a snack when I don't want to shove in a ton of oats and fruits!

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I'm not..but unfortunately I DETEST most nuts :( I've been trying to eat more avocado but I don't know if the extra fat is good or bad for me...
Fat won't kill you as long as your calorie count is still well within healthy ranges. Adding avocado in is a great idea and has been suggested to me multiple times. Unfortunately I have yet to figure out how to eat a bloody avocado.
You're not alone, I too think it's really hard to eat enough if I'm just eating what I'm supposed to be eating. It's taking a very real physical toll on me. I'm tired all the time now because I'm asking my body to outperform what I've been feeding it. I've stopped gaining muscle. If I carefully feed my body before a run I'm good, but trying to do a run in the afternoon when I haven't meticulously planned for it is incredibly hard.

It's not easy. I will say don't try to make up the calories by adding more rice - you're adding more carbs and that's not helping you out any. Two cups is a LOT! And you probably feel like crap afterward.
I know chicken is really cheap and that's why I eat a lot of it too, but a beef or pork stir fry instead of chicken will do better for you (I don't like beef but I will eat pork.) The days I eat pork my calorie count is MUCH better than when I don't.

Try removing a lot of the grains from your day. No bread at breakfast, just meat and fat. If you like eggs, eat at least one with your breakfast, two is better.
For your snack, unless that apple is super tiny it's more than 50 calories. A medium apple is almost 100. You might be not counting your other calories properly either so doublecheck all that. If you can find nuts you like better than that oat bar, swap it out. Almonds, pistachios, pepitas, sunflower seeds, cashews, all of these will be better for you.
Absolutely no pasta or bread for dinner. If you HAVE to have bread then eat it with breakfast. Don't do it for dinner. Try to avoid rice at this point too.

Also look into adding a shake. Drink it right after your workout while you're cooking lunch. You can buy a whey powder and make it a protein shake or just go straight for a shake. Banana, tablespoon or two of coconut oil, ice, and mix it up. Add other berries and fruits if you want. Some people also add spinach; avocado can be slipped in here too.

Shake: Medium banana + 1 tbsp coconut oil = 200 calories, or banana + 2 tbsp coconut oil = 300 calories.

Late lunch: Chicken avocado/basa fillet, two eggs - about the same, 600 cals

Snack: Medium apple, quarter cup of nuts (or if you can tolerate dairy, add in a few ounces of full-fat cheese) - 300 cals

Dinner: 6 oz of chicken, cook in coconut oil if you can - 300 calories.

1400-1500 calories.
And way less carbs.

Michiyo-Fir

Thanks I'll try those tips! And that apple is really 50 calories, they're tiny... And it says on the bag they're 50 each lol.

Problem is I can't finish a medium or large apple so I buy tiny ones..

Members online

No members online now.