Chloe weighs 46.9 pounds???????

jess2416

Who woulda thought
So we went for her annual check up today and all that good stuff, and as the title reads, she is down to 46.9 pounds???

this is a history of her weight:

02/10 46.90

10/08 52.10

06/08 53.00

01/07 53.10

-The vet didnt seem to be concerned about her weight, in fact he said she looked great and was such a very very good dog :)

-BTW: everything else was great

so in other words, Im not sure if I should be concerned or not...

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
I remember in your last pic set she looked a bit more slender than I remember, so I wonder if maybe you should just up her food intake a bit? Is she exercising more? Eating less? Any weird stuff?

Judging by photos, she doesn't look bad at all, but definitely a bit more slender.

jess2416

Who woulda thought
I remember in your last pic set she looked a bit more slender than I remember, so I wonder if maybe you should just up her food intake a bit? Is she exercising more? Eating less? Any weird stuff?
No, no weird stuff, we have had a rough winter (for NC) dont know if this makes sense, but could she be burning more energy and food keeping warm and active (when we are outside) other than that, everything is exactly the same

ACooper

Well I already told you my thoughts, but I'll post them anyway, ahahhaa

I think I would try to get some of those pounds back on her. She's always riding the thin side at 53 and 49 lbs is getting too low IMO. Not that she looks sick or malnourished, just a bit too thin. She's outside a lot, it's cold, she needs those lbs. Either up her food or give some high cal treats along with it. That's my 2 cents :)

Dekka

Just try me..
If she was my dog.. she would be staying slender. LOTS of research showing slender = longer healthier lives. BUT if you would like a slightly less slender dog.. then let her eat more. I am sure she wouldnt' mind.

jess2416

Who woulda thought
If she was my dog.. she would be staying slender. LOTS of research showing slender = longer healthier lives. BUT if you would like a slightly less slender dog.. then let her eat more. I am sure she wouldnt' mind.
its not that.. its the fact that she has ALWAYS been between 50-55 pounds (well ever since she matured) and suddenly she's 46.9 thats what I was kinda concerned about...

Lizmo

Water Junkie
I wouldn't be worried, honestly. She's a bigger dog, so it's not like toy dogs when they drop a few pounds it could be life threatening. Also, from your pictures she seems to be built to be on the thinner side.

jess2416

Who woulda thought
Thanks everyone :)

@ Elegy: They did some bloodwork since this was her annual, I should hear the result of it in a few days, and i will also ask about it then...

Amanda885

I would just suggest feeding her a bit more since perhaps she is exercising more. It's quite different from what she's ever weighed.

Im sure shes fine though :)

lizzybeth727

Dogs' weights can fluxuate a bit without us really noticing, since we see them every day and the changes are relatively graudal. Luna gained 0.6 pound (which is a lot since she only weighs 7 pounds) in about six months and I had no idea until I weighed her. If your vet wasn't concerned about the weight, that does tell you something. And I'm with Dekka, it's much healthier to be a bit underweight, than a bit overweight.

Members online

No members online now.