The Quiddich Update- Part II

So, my precious Quid has been back with me since the first week of May. When I first got him back, there was question about whether or not he needed surgery to correct what I thought was entropion. In typical doctor fashion, one vet said yes, one said no, and the third broke the tie and said yes.

As it turned out, he had severe entropion, but only in the corner of his eye, which made the diagnosis hard. Since his previous tack had failed, they went with a very aggressive one this time, and Quid looks 100% better. Some comparison pics:

Quid Before: Notice the squinty eye
[/URL][/IMG]

Quid Now: His eye is still healing, but look at the difference!
[/URL][/IMG]

As far as life with Quid is going, it could hardly be better. He loves both of the boys, and they love him back. His stinky, yeasty skin is healed, and should stay that way provided his diet remains good.

We are still having some issues with guarding the apartment/territoriality, but we're working on it. He seems to primarily target men. But we have no issues in public or at work/daycare, which is awesome.

As far as training goes....he's pefect! He's so much more motivated then Gimmick, and he makes learning fun. We got a new papasan cushion yesterday, and here he is perching on the box
[/URL][/IMG]

Please ignore the crap in the foreground, I was so excited that he was holding the pose that I didn't think to clear it. Also, you can see something coyote shaped in the background if you look closely. ;)

With someone who is a better trainer then I am, there's no limit to what this dog could do. He's surprisingly athletic for a dog who looks like a manatee, and while he won't set any landspeed records, he would be a great beginner dog in agility.

He and Gimmick are best buddies. This is the same box he was sitting on, to give you an idea of size

[/URL][/IMG]

As it turns out, Quid is good with children, which is exciting. He was gentle and loving with a variety of young ones at the park, and handled a friends 3yr and 8 month old like a champ. Honestly, he took the baby better then Gimmick did.

Quid is good with dogs, male and female and cats. He loves to play fetch, and he's starting to earn some off leash privledges.

Surely a Chazzer has room for Quid, or knows someone who might? I've tried the local shar-pei rescues, but no bites on him yet. I don't know why no one is interested either locally or where we do transport up on VT, because he's freaking cute!

I'll leave you guys with a cropped shot of the one above. Come on, someone has to want to smoosh this face every night.

[/URL][/IMG]

Quid is an awesome dog, and I'm madly in love with him. Surely a chazzer might find a space in their heart for such a

teacuptiger

floor dancer
Aw, he is just adorable. I'd totally take him if I had my own place!! He sounds like a really great dog.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Where are you located? I have an acquaintance who is looking for a dog for her mom, who lives on a farm and is raising her 3 grandkids here in NC.

I'm in Asheville, which is in the mountains, but he can be adopted anywhere in the country (or out of it if someone is particularly ambitious!)

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Could you pm me his listing and additional info/pics? I'll forward it along - she's near Statesville iirc, so it would be an easy trip.

Moth

Mild and Slightly Nutty
He is really ridiculously cute. I wish I was able to get a third dog right now...I would take him in a heartbeat!

I am glad to hear he is doing so well <3

Members online