Corn Cobs

JennSLK

F150 and a .30-06
Warning.

I just found out a friend of mine had thier Doberman PTS.

He snuck a corn cob out of the garbage. They seen and took it away. ABout a week later he started throwing up. He had ate another one before they seen the one they took away. They took him in for surgery, and they removed the cob from his intestines, but it had allready rotted away part of his intestines. He didnt make it.

Please be carefull!

Doberluv

Oh! That is so sad. What a horrifying thing to have happen. Thanks for the warning. I am so sorry for those people.

Scooter

Oh my gosh, how awful! I'm so thankful Zoe stays out of the garbage. We have a lid on it that is impossible for a dog to open for that very reason.

dogsarebetter

EVIL SHELTIES!!!!
very tragic. I have heard of this happening before. However, where I used to live (when i lived with my dad) we had corn on three sides of us. The dogs used to always go out there and get ears of corn and eat it. I mean, they loved it and probably would eat a couple of ears a day in the fall. We have never had any issues.
Dads dogs are probably munching on corn cobs as we speak.

elegy

overdogged
yeah, we've had a number of corncob obstructions at the clinic where i work. if the dogs *chew* the cobs it's generally fine, but those who gulp and the corn cob gets stuck end up in surgery or worse.

Miakoda

Unfortunately, obstructions from corn cobs are some of the most common. And like above, if not caught in time and surgery performed, the damage is usually too great to save the dog's life.

Members online