I am getting a Dobe Puppy!

Ok not REALLY, but my brother and his wife will soon be in the process of moving to a different city as my brother is getting a new job (he is a pilot). His wife is also pregnant. They just sold their house so now need to find something in the city they will be going too.
So with all the curfluffle we are taking their 6 month old Dobe puppy, Datag, till they get settled. We may have him a few weeks or a few months! Depends on if they can buy a place right away for if they have to rent and the rental may not allow such large dogs.

I am gonna try to really get off my bum and do some training with him. I haven't done much training at all since my trainer's course with opening my dog grooming salon and riding my horse and such but I do enjoy training and want Datag to be well trained going back to them especially considering the baby.
I don't think my dogs will like it too much. Datag already weighs a good bit over 50 pounds (Don't know exactly how much) and he doesn't understand that he has to play gentle with the 20 pound and 10 pound dogs. They are not big enough to tell him off (he thinks they are still playing) so we have to be on him constantly to play gentle.
He is supposedly bred to be quite large (they didn't listen to my advice on finding a good breeder) and will be about 100 pounds full grown.

Just wanted to share, lets see if I can find a pic of him

Here he is peaking over the half door at my grooming shop. He no longer is taped up but I don 't have any new pics on my comp

Him and Stryder (my mini poo) in the front of my shop

Finally a rare moment of peace between them.

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
Oh what fun! Beware... poodles boss dobes around, care must be taken to keep the dobe's ego intact... ;)

ACooper

Awe, he is handsome!

I don't think 50 lbs at six months sounds over sized..........seems about right or a little under. Most dobe people will tell you to expect about 10 lbs per month (in age) for the first 5-6 months :)

another stunning dobie:hail:

his face is sooo cute it the pic of him standing up at your half dr. somethin' about those eyes;)

Thanks guys. I do beleive he weighs a fair bit more than 50 now(I think they told me he weighed 50 a while ago) His dad was over 100 pounds and his mom was very large as well. I don't know his weight right now, it's just a lot more than my poodle and my mix breed

Thanks guys. Yes the black dog is mine too (well the family dog) He's a mixed breed named Bear..
I should post better pics or Stryder's haircut (I just redid him) It looks so good on him

Members online

No members online now.