Eggshellz r gross!

Or at least that's what my girls tell me. They are kibble fed (Earthborn) but I've started adding a raw egg every couple of days as a supplement. They love it, but they both refuse to eat the eggshells. About the only way they will eat them is if i mush the shells up really well in wet dog food.

I should add, these dogs usually get a raw chicken wing or thigh (with bone) on weekends as a treat/supplement so it's not like they're not used to chewing odd textures.

Did anyone else have this issue? I'd like to just crack the egg and toss it in instead of this "crush and mash" business.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Abrams *loves* eggshells. Whenever I bake, he gets the shells. So I have no advice. Lol

crazedACD

ALL of my dogs are like YAY EGGSHELLS, they take them, and then crumble them into pieces and leave them all over the house. Pfft dogs.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Mine won't eat the eggshells so I just don't give them to them lol. They get the rest of the egg.

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat
Cobain will take the shells and carefully clean them out then bring them back to me without any new cracks in them.
He refuses to actually eat them.

Rigby will eat anything I give to her. Pills, egg shells and all.

I guess I should be grateful that I don't end up with shell pieces everywhere. Ahh dogs. I used to grind up eggshells into a powder using my (not used for) coffee grinder. Guess I'll just do that again... I hate to waste the shells. Besides, it's calciYUM right?

Members online

No members online now.