The Good News thread

Lyzelle

Little vents, all ended up okay.

Been feeling really down lately, out of sorts and just plain depressed. Ended up fighting with Jin really hard yesterday, **** went down. Ended up in me with my head over the toilet, puking my guts out. Everything is okay now. Not great, but I think he understands a lot more than he did before and I'm coming to terms with some things. And I'm not in liver failure. Always a good thing, I guess.

He ended up at work all day today because of some stupid thing at the offices, but I'm not minding that. He's been watching me like a hawk since yesterday and didn't want me alone. But Zander's here and we're cuddled up with some mocha for me and Futurama on Netflix. The time alone usually kills me, but I'm free floating pretty okay at the moment.

SIL and BIL were fighting, too, having their own issues. They are sorting it out.

Chewy's was out of Acana, I had to call and cancel my schedule. Guy was short and pissy, but it's canceled. Hopefully.

It's snowing. Despite the inconvenience, I actually like the snow. It's quiet and peaceful.

And Obama's President. Not having a money hungry, job selling, two-faced, woman hating, gay bashing, religious nutjob bigot as a President is always a plus.

I guess I'm going to try posting more in this thread from now on, instead of the Venting Thread.

Black Friday Sale ads are finally coming through. Jin is getting something, I'm getting something, and I'm shopping for my SS more. That's kinda fun.

Housing Maintenance guy came by yesterday to inspect the house and provide "preventative maintenance". At first it was a pain, because I had to clean house top to bottom and I was stressing about Zander and having someone in the house. Ended up being okay, Zander was fantastic other than being quite shaky after he checked the Fire Alarms. We learned how to lock our back door (finally) and figured out where the Self Help store was. Also learned we have to change our filters every 30 days. But everything works and the guy was really helpful and polite.

Red.Apricot

Boyfriend:
"I will clean up the kitchen."
"Oh sorry, I'll do it today."
"Oh I forgot, today."
"Tomorrow, definitely."
"Today I promise."

Me:
*extremely unhappy*

Boyfriend:
"That's not fair."

D:<

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
The company I've been interviewing with had a test design they wanted me to do... I spent a good while on it last night and managed to finish in at lunch, tweaked a little bit between calls here, aaaaand sent it away...
fingers. crossed.

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
Red.Apricot... I think you got the good news thread and the venting thread mixed up?

*hides*

Good news today... I am making granola and it's making my house smell wonderful.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
OH Mer that would be awesome. Fingers crossed and praying for you too :D

Hubby got some excellent news on the job front so one way or the other the waiting game will be over :)

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Got my kids' Christmas presents all done and wrapped!
isn't that the best :) I wrapped most of our stuff last night while watching "national Lampoons Christmas Vacation"... AGAIN lol

there are still a couple things I want to get Hannah (like Princess Celestia but I am NOT paying full price for her lol) but for the most part she is done and she has so much stuff (that I paid next to nothing for) that I unwrapped some of the gifts and will be giving them to a local charity that distributes them to local families in need

Fran27

Princess Celestia is $8 off at toys'r us right now at $17.

I have a box of stuff for Toys for tots that I need to unload sometime this month too. I've used quite a bit of the extra stuff as birthday presents for other kids too lol. But yes, so easy to get too much when you pay next to nothing for toys.

Saeleofu

I got to dissect a TURTLE today! It was a fantastic specimen, very fresh. I successfully removed all the organs without damaging them. This is the first dissection that I really felt like I got a lot out of. I did a frog today, too, and did it thoroughly (that may actually be an understatement) but the turtle was just so perfect, and so unlike anything I have ever dissected before. I am really looking forward to the armadillo in 3 weeks.

darkchild16

We are Home.
Jeremy is leaving the shitty store!!!!!!! He randomly asked the one closer to home if they needed a stocker (he knows the managers there and likes them better) and he got a phone call today that he has the position.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Sewing like a boss tonight.

My 7th grade FACS teacher would be so proud. I've never made a cube before, so I'm proud too!

Too bad it's part of my present for the secret santa on my rat forum. Don't even get to enjoy the fruits of my crafty labor!

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Awesome!! You realize you are going to have to show me how to do this now, right?
I am SO the wrong person to teach anyone how to sew anything! I have a feeling it's one of those things that I can do once, but every subsequent try will turn out like crap lol. I don't think I even dropped the f-bomb one time while making this, which is really unusual when I sew...

I was not cool enough to do it without a tutorial, though.
https://plus.google.com/photos/109261335383242826516/albums/5597887648925180785?banner=pwa

And YAYYY for weekends off!

Members online

No members online now.