HELP - my puppy is sick.....

I need some advice please. Yesterday my cocker spaniel puppy, Chloe, 6 month old female, started being really sluggish, then threw up and has since had dihorrea. We tried her on dinner yesterday evening but she wasnt at all interested. This morning she seemed a little brighter first thing, after a little coaching had a few bites of breakfast, then went back to being sluggish. Later this morning she has thrown up again and still has the squits with what looks like a little blood in it :yikes: I have her booked in to the vets this afternoon but am really worried - anybody got any suggestions? Although she is fully vaccinated i am worried about CPV as i read a little about this and the symptoms fit - how likely is this?

Help.....

Barb04

Super Moderator
I'm not certain what Chloe has but getting her to the vet asap is the best idea. Please let us know know what happens at the vet.

I'm not certain what Chloe has but getting her to the vet asap is the best idea. Please let us know know what happens at the vet.
Currently she is having an overnight stay at the vets and on an intravenous drip. May have some blood tests tomorrow if she doesn't look any better. I hope she will be ok, i'm really worried....

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
Did you get a fecal run for her at the vets?

It could be a few different things that pop into my head.

Dont forget that A LOT of symptoms sound the same for diseases/disorders. The only way to truely tell what is going on is with blood/fecal/urine testing.

Doberluv

Oh, I'm so sorry she is sick. I do hope she'll be OK. I'm glad she's at the vets. They'll do the best they can for her. Let us know how she does. I'm sorry for your worry. I know how awful that is.

UPDATE,

Just spoken to the vet and apparently Chloe had a comfortable night on the drip, has now been taken off it and has had a bit of breakfast. They did some bloods but everything looked OK. Have given her a general antibiotic and she seems to be on the mend. Going to collect her this afternoon....phew. Looks like she had some kind of bacterial/virus stomach bug.

Thanks for all your messages and support. I was really worried about her and cant wait to have her back. Nice to know you are all there :)

Members online