Counter Surfing Problem

BentleyBoy

I do not have time to reasearch this site yet. So I will just post.

My 1.5 year old Lab is so bad when it comes to food. He snatches food from my kids hands. Gets anything he can find. I clean my counters and he will grab a dish from the sink. I need help before my husband gets upset with me. This dog is definitly my baby. I stay at home all day with him and our two other labs.

I have tied him to a spot on a short lead while we eat. I used a spray bottle, a scat mat that zaps him but he is to smart for that. I put him outside while we eat most of the time. But it's not just when we eat. He just lurks around and gets everything. I need some tips. I'm ready to put my foot down. I'm tired of yelling at him too.

I feed him at 1:30 and he gets about 3 cups and all three dogs share a can of wet mixed in with the dry food. I don't think he's hungry. It's just bad manners I think.

bubbatd

It takes work , but you can do it !!! Ollie was like that when I got him . Whenever I had food , I'd eat in front of him and say " mine " . He soon learned that if he didn't beg or steal , he's get a bite when all were finished . Good luck !

Members online

No members online now.