This weeks train off trick

Maxy24

I just got Phoebe to touch it again, she's now doing with enthusiasm...if the door is already closed :rolleyes: But since it's our first day we are not doing too bad lol.

To clarify a few things: I think we decided to make this an 8 day thing so it will be due next Tuesday not Monday (so 8 days from yesterday, 7 days from today). PLEASE do not post your videos until Monday at the earliest, Tuesday at the latest (I don't want anyone stealing anybody else's methods or ideas). I will put the voting up on Wednesday (I don't know about time differences between all of us so let's not put up the voting until later Wednesday so it's not still Tuesday for anyone). I'm not sure how long I'll leave it up, any one have any suggestions? And Since I can't lock a thread i guess I'll just post when it's over and hope people listen.

Lucy is catching on! I hope she learns it good by Tuesday! She doesn't seem scared of the sound the door makes or anything so I have high hopes.

adojrts

Well I didn't get started until tonight :lol-sign: My biggest problem is finding someone who can upload it so I can post it lol. No big deal if I can't, this is fun and easy for me to do at this time, not to labour intensive lol. Plus Petie is enjoying it.

Hillside

Original Twin
I don't have a video camera, which sucks because this is turning out really funny.

And no matter how many times I see this thread title, I always read it as "this week's train wreck"
A train wreck is exactly what it would be if I ENCOURAGED Saga to shut doors, I'm trying to get her to STOP pawing at doors. :p

I'm looking forward to the next one though.

I decided against treating for paws on the doors. This is a rental apartment and I can't have claw marks all over the place :p

Unfortunately he doesn't comprehend poking the door shut with his nose as well as he does slamming it shut with some serious thunder paws. Hopefully we'll get it in time!

Maxy24

We had a major break through today, she decided to alter how she closed the door to prevent herself from being scared, at first I did not agree with her way (she was not hitting the door in a very affective way) but decided to let her play with her idea until I liked her alterations and it works great for her so she can now close the door!...almost! she can't latch it yet, she's not pushing hard enough but we'll get there, I was worried for a minute, she was still avoiding touching the door at the beginning of today's lesson for fear of the noise it makes when it closes but she got sooo much better today, don't you just love breakthrough moments :D

I'll get a video as soon as I get home. The trick still needs some work, but I think he did really well.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Sorry guys, no vid of Frodo this week. He ended up getting a pretty bad ear infection and just wasn't up for doing much of anything but snuggle. :(

corgipower

Tweleve Enthusiest
Sorry guys, no vid of Frodo this week. He ended up getting a pretty bad ear infection and just wasn't up for doing much of anything but snuggle. :(
Can we get video of him snuggling??

I hope his ear feels better soon.

Kayla

Well were not quite done but I'll post what we have so far. I shaped Duke to nose a target which was on the ground, moving it around to different positions before moving it to a vertical surface. After a few more succcess's I moved it to the door, he got it right away. Then I started only clicking when he nosed it hard. I started varying how far I opened the door and in the session I have on video started adding the cue " Close the Door". I have to admit my timing is terrible in this session I'm not sure why I don't have my treats in my hand with me, so if anything this is a good video showing how no to be prepared for a session;).

The video clip starts off pointed away from everything as just as i pressed the on button he decided to go over and nose at it but It gets back on focus soon enough. Also this is the first session adding the cue so you'll notice the first few times when I say it right before he does the behaviour he stops to stare at me as if to be like whattt. I also relaxed what I was clicking for and built it back up.

We still need to phase out the target but I have to go teach tonight so this is as far as we got for the deadline.

Kayla

Ok question. Do I have to be in the video? I made a video but i'm not in it but my voice is. I held the camera myself. I can try to get one on a tripod or something If I have to.

Maxy24

No you do not have to be in the video.

Phoebe and I were unable to finish because I on;y got her 3 or 4 days this week :( If we do not get more videos should we extend until Friday or...Any suggestions?

Members online

No members online now.