THIS is why people need to contain their dogs! Vid.

S

Squishy22

This video is a little bit graphic, and very scary. Apparently the brown dog jumped its fence and started attacking a mans two dogs. Its just insane. Those poor poor dogs and its poor owner! Thank god the two men didnt get hurt trying to get the dogs apart.

As some of you know, I have had run ins with loose dogs with Reggin and just the other day he got into a fight, although it was nothing like whats in the video. It was more of a scrap. This video really gets me in the gut, because I have had close calls before.

The most important thing is to ALWAYS have protection with you! From seeing the video I dont even think pepper spray would break those dogs apart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXiO_duXa5A&feature=related

Saje

Island dweller
:( :( :( :( That's so awful. I'm glad the officer said that it's the way they are being trained and he thinks they could be nice dogs.

B

Backward_Cinderella

Wow
Just wow.
There is a dog on our regular walk route that is always trying to jump the fence. This makes me wonder if I should maybe change the way we walk, to avoid something like this. I carry a low voltage tazer with me when we go, but I'd rather I never have to use it. :(

mrose_s

BusterLove
Not nice, really sad.

But the one thing I have learnt is that if tere is a fight and one dog won't let go, don't pull. You'll do more damage to the dog it is holding.

I think the worst thing about that though, was that it was all noise and snapping. They were grabbing and holding and not letting go.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Wow. That was a really sad video. I felt bad for all the dogs involved. I think it was the brown pit bull that jumped the fence? And they were all fighting each other, it was like they just lost their heads and started attacking. :(

I hope all of the owners learned a lesson. A very sad lesson, but, just wow. Thats a powerful video and statement right there.

LauraLeigh

Thats very sad!! and so avoidable, just contain your dog!! I agree with mrose though, at least in my breed we don't pull if they get into it (( we choke them apart but that would not be an option with a bigger dog )) It can cause more damage, I also was watching it waiting for the dog to let go and turn on the owner, thank god that did not happen, supports the DA not human aggresive point...

Chewbecca

feel the magic
This is why I work d@mn hard to make sure Ella NEVER gets out of my house without me. Because she would do that.

No, pit bulls do NOT need to be trained to attack another dog. They are good dogs, some just have idiot owners.

That video was confusing to me. I don't know who was responsible for what, if the guy pulling on the blue dog's scruff was the owner of the two dogs being attacked or if he was the owner of the brown dog.

As much as I LOVELOVELOVE pit bulls, I would HATE to encounter a loose one if walking my dog.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
I think the guy pulling the dogs apart was the owner of the blue and the black pit bulls. I think the brown one was the one who got out. I'm pretty sure, in any case.

Chewbecca

feel the magic
I wonder what happened to the blue one's collar? If the dog had a collar on, he could have choked the dog off the brown one. I know the brown one was the offender, but the blue one had a hold, at the end, of the brown one.

The dog might've slipped her collar in the scuffle. That's an awful situation.

drmom777

Bloody but Unbowed
I wonder what happened to the blue one's collar? If the dog had a collar on, he could have choked the dog off the brown one. I know the brown one was the offender, but the blue one had a hold, at the end, of the brown one.

The dog might've slipped her collar in the scuffle. That's an awful situation.
If you look at the video again, you will see that both the blue dog and the black dog are wearing collars. The blue dog's leash can be seen at the beginning. Evidently the man was walking his two dogs on leashes when they were attacked by the loose dog.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Not nice, really sad.

But the one thing I have learnt is that if tere is a fight and one dog won't let go, don't pull. You'll do more damage to the dog it is holding.

I think the worst thing about that though, was that it was all noise and snapping. They were grabbing and holding and not letting go.
that is EXACLTY what i was thinking..why are they pulling!!! THey should be pushing in... SHeeesh. that was horrid. THere is not enough money in the world to compensate for one of my dog's eyes.

Chewbecca

feel the magic
Ok, I think I see a black leash laying on the road, off to the side of the dogs. I know the black dog has a red leash.
I had to go back and watch it again.

When our fence goes up, Ella will NEVER be out in our yard without me or my husband out there with her. AND I will NEVER just open the door and let her out into the yard. I'll take her out on leash and make sure ALL the gates are shut and I'll be checking the yard for any dangerous debris.

And most pit bulls won't redirect (not that it never happens) onto the human, it's not in their nature to do so. They are too focused on what they are after.

ACooper

That is a sad vid :(

I am always paranoid walking our dogs, I really am. I am just so frightened that something like THAT will happen. And I don't just mean with a pittie.......that could happen with ANY breed, it's just worse to get them apart with pitties I think.

My 11 year old is always wanting to walk Phoebe to his friends or around the block without us. I know he is old enough, but it's stuff like THAT which keeps me from letting him :(

S

Squishy22

Ok, I think I see a black leash laying on the road, off to the side of the dogs. I know the black dog has a red leash.
I had to go back and watch it again.

When our fence goes up, Ella will NEVER be out in our yard without me or my husband out there with her. AND I will NEVER just open the door and let her out into the yard. I'll take her out on leash and make sure ALL the gates are shut and I'll be checking the yard for any dangerous debris.

And most pit bulls won't redirect (not that it never happens) onto the human, it's not in their nature to do so. They are too focused on what they are after.
Ya know, there needs to be more pittie owners like YOU out there!

Hmmm I dunno how much I believe that this was just an "accident". I mean to me, it doesnt seem like they are trying very hard to get the dogs apart...Though that could just be lack of knowledge on their part...But then when the black dog is not engaged at all, why is no one hanging on to him so later he becomes involved again over and over??? Also, who's filming? why dont they put the camera down and at least grab the black dog, or better yet, help break up the whole fight. If the blue and black dogs belong to that one man, why is he so reluctant to physically break his dog's grip using his hands? It seems like he is only half-ased trying to get his blue pit to release the gip when he already has it in the area (just patting the sides and sweetly asking it to let go...seems more like praise than anyhting...)

Either way though, a street fight is a very scary thing especially when there are more than 2 dogs involved!!!

Members online

No members online now.