I found another dog

zoe08

So my sister and I came back from shopping and in the road is a dog. First she went and hid under the neighbors truck, but then he opened the garage door a little ways and she got scared and came to me. She was scared at first, but is very friendly. She has no collar. I just came home to get a harness and leash and I am about to take her to the vet to see if she is chipped, but I doubt it.

We are only allowed 3 dogs where we are renting, so I dunno what I am going to do. I don't trust my sister's fence, but I don't have the heart to take her to a shelter to live in a cage. So its not like our landlords come so I may have to keep her for a while. I will try to post pictures later. She is very sweet, brown and white, maybe a border collie mix. But she is very thin and she is about medium size. Not as tall as a border collie. I will ask at the vet how old they think she is.

But I don't think we can keep her, so if anyone would like to rescue a dog, please let me know. We are going to go to neighbors after Justin gets home, but I have never seen her before so I doubt she belongs to any of them.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Aww, thats good of you for taking her. I can't wait to see pictures.

zoe08

Well she is chipped, but the registration hasnt been sent in. So either it was just done recently or someone just didnt get it done. We are about to go around the neighborhood when Justin gets off work. The person from Homagain said if we dont find the home around the neighborhood then I need to take her back to a vet or somewhere and they will launch an investigation to who the owner is. But I am will take her back tell them that I want to keep her until owners are found, cuz I want to know what happens to her and not them just send her to a shelter.

Hope the boys wont scare her if I need to take her home, and all of them will get along, cuz I dunno how long I will have her til we find her a good home if we dont find her owners.

zoe08

I will try to put up a found thing at Petsmart and maybe some posters Saturday, if I don't find something before then. I have to go out of town tomorrow. But if I dont see any Lost posters, Im usually not real hopeful, because most people if they care enough about their lost dog they will go to the effort to put the Lost posters up.

I will see if I can put up a found on petfinder also.

Staff online

Members online