Catching food

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Pointless thread of the day...

Mia has never caught food. In fact none of the paps have but all the Shelties just naturally got it from the get go (trey was a land shark). I always thought it was weird that Mia would catch balls but not food.

This week I tossed a cookie and she chomped at it and since then she acts like catching cookies is the best game. She's also really good at it. Weird. I sometimes wonder what goes on in her head.

Oko

Silence, peasants.
Wesley is a super fierce cookie catcher. He used to do it sporadically, but then I decided to throw myself on top of the cookie before he got there if he didn't catch it, so it became more urgent. :rofl1:

Dagwall

That's one of Jubel's favorite games. Mostly because it involves food but he's very good at catching food items. He's pretty good at catching balls/toys too but he usually doesn't care to try, food must always be caught.

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
Morgan is an enthusiastic, if not skilled, food catcher. He's about 50/50 between catching a treat or catapulting it further across the room with his face.

JacksonsMom

lol, that's so funny. Jackson is the master food catcher, he is such a food freak, I guess it came naturally lol.

CaliTerp07

That's one of Jubel's favorite games. Mostly because it involves food but he's very good at catching food items. He's pretty good at catching balls/toys too but he usually doesn't care to try, food must always be caught.
HEY, I know you! I used to go to the dog park where you went! Random!

Lucy loves catching treats. Zach likes to make popcorn and alternate tossing it into my mouth and Lucy's mouth. 90% of them miss me and Lucy eats those too.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
It was literally a lightbulb moment for her. Lol I even used to say 'catch' and toss it and she'd let it land on her head.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Go Mia!

Talon is a goof, he opens his mouth wide and waits for it to fall in. >_< Or he will get excited and open then close his mouth way too soon and it will hit him in the face. :rolleyes:

Art only catches when he know's the food is safe. I guess throwing him a spicy food ruined his trust in us. He now thinks anything red or orange will hit the floor before he touches it. Otherwise he catches really well.

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
Keeva did the same thing for a while, LOL! She would be like, WTF WHY ARE YOU THROWING FOOD AT ME?! Then one day she started trying to catch because if she didn't Ollie would scarf up her treat and no amount of corgi rage would deter him. Now she's a pro.

Dagwall

HEY, I know you! I used to go to the dog park where you went! Random!

Lucy loves catching treats. Zach likes to make popcorn and alternate tossing it into my mouth and Lucy's mouth. 90% of them miss me and Lucy eats those too.
Hey, I remember you and Lucy. I'm sure you have a clue why I stopped going to the dog park based on some of the people who frequented that park. Just tired of dealing with the crazies and their opinions on "dog training."

CaliTerp07

Hey, I remember you and Lucy. I'm sure you have a clue why I stopped going to the dog park based on some of the people who frequented that park. Just tired of dealing with the crazies and their opinions on "dog training."
We moved to Burke, so I've been going to South Run. Will PM you so as not to derail this thread further.

katielou

Slave to the Aussie
Abe thinks all things are suspicious and must be thoroughly investigated before being eaten.

So no he doesn't catch food. He lets it hit him in the face, investigates it and them eats it.

Only thing that doesn't follow this rule is popcorn.

GipsyQueen

Gipsy was a land shark so she was taught to catch everything. :lol-sign: She was really good at catching anything that entailed food, refused to catch tennis balls and the like though.

Zora, a genteler land shark, has now been taught how to catch food, sticks, balls and the occasional frisbee (though we have to be careful with frisbees as to not ruin her hips. She gets.... too excited about frisbees). She can catch food from across the room and has about 90% accuracy. The other 10 are probably due to my lack of throwing skills. ;)

Sparrow

Zoe is pretty bad at catching, but I will try to get her to when I give meds because she swallows it faster that way and has less chance of suspecting anything. But she gets so excited and her nose gets in the way and she bumps it like a seal with a ball! Now that I have Maiya, I have to be careful of it, because I don't want her to run and eat anything she shouldn't as it flies across the room.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
:rofl1::rofl1::rofl1::rofl1:

Mia's treat catching is getting hilarious. She is incredible at it, honestly! Must be all those years catching tennis balls.

She is so into it and totally focused and serious and all about getting that thing before it hits the ground. She only missed 2 out of a lot of throws this evening.

Best new game ever, she thinks.

Kootenay

Yay, there is hope yet for Onyx!

She can catch balls, sticks, frisbees, any toys...but food, no way. She just watches it hit her in the face.

I do remember it took Yarrow a while to figure out the whole catching thing, so maybe she'll get it eventually!

Staff online

Members online