Random Baby Urges?

JennSLK

F150 and a .30-06
Yup. My mom has informed me that she is ready for more grandkids. I do want more kids someday, but not for a while. Now its driving me nuts. I want to be pregnant again.

Muttkip

LABRADERP!
Been that way for MONTHS and it's driving me nuts!!!

My 11 month old nephew is more then enough but it's worse when he's around.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I eat lunch at the park since the weather is nice..
adorable families should not be allowed to play at the park with their toddler.

IT'S NOT FAIR!!! LOL

STOP BEING CUTE!!!

WHY IS THAT TODDLER WEARING A TUTU AND RAINBOW LEGGINGS?! GIVE IT TO ME!!

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I think I'm beginning to get to that point. The thought of having a child doesn't make me feel like my stomach's bottoming out anymore. Lol Still not ready yet...Abrams needs to be a big boy and Mike and I need to tie the knot and get settled first.

But we were talking the other night and Mike essentially said he'd like to start trying in a year or so. I may be crazy enough to agree. o_O

Nope, I can honestly say I've never had baby urges. I like other people's babies just fine, but I've never experienced that urge people describe. Which suits me fine. No regrets that way.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
The only way I would even consider it would be if I could get a kid like sparks' kid Hannah. She is like the all time perfect child. But since that can't be guaranteed ... No.

I don't go "poor little guy" I'm all like "shut it up or get it away from me", I'm fine with other people's kids (as long as they behave) but for me ... No.

I had super strong baby urges. Started when I turned 30-31, lasted until last yearish. Then they went away. We tried to have a baby and it didn't happen, I realized that I didn't want it anymore when I started feeling sorry for people who tell me they are pregnant, lmao. Now people tell me they are pregnant and I think haha sucker ima go on my cruise and do fun stuff without a life sucker hanging off of me. I think a lot of this has to do with my son being 14 and getting my freedom back lol.

Now I don't have baby urges I have oh let me steal your five year old so I don't look like a pedophile at despicable me 2.

A couple weeks ago I wasn't even sure I wanted kids, and now I'm having super baby urges. Anyone else ever have this happen?
Yes. One day I wasn't sure if or when I would ever want kids, went to sleep, woke up with some strange biological need to make a human.

Was knocked up the next month.

It's been a pretty awesome nine weeks so far, even with the bad parts. Ask me again when she's a toddler. Then a teenager.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
I always wanted kids when I was young. Then I really didn't want kids... At least, I couldn't ever imagine wanting them... They take up all your time, are selfish, demanding, tiring, limiting...

Then slowly, the idea became more appealing again. And now I want kids :) suddenly the selfish bits don't seem too bad.

The other half was freaked out by kids.... Then sorta said maybe he'd like one kid... Now he actively wants them and will even coo at them!! That is a turnaround. The man who said men didn't ever actually want kids do they?

Think it just happens with age. I like the idea of having a family when I'm older, not just having babies now. Passing on memories, making traditions, all that crap :D

Puckstop31

Super-Genius
The only way I would even consider it would be if I could get a kid like sparks' kid Hannah. She is like the all time perfect child. But since that can't be guaranteed ... No.

I don't go "poor little guy" I'm all like "shut it up or get it away from me", I'm fine with other people's kids (as long as they behave) but for me ... No.
Believe it or not, Hannah is not a "perfect all the time child." (I am her dad, in case you did not know.) She has her moments like all children do. We simply do not let those moments define what being a parent is. (Or air all the dirty laundry like many do.) I will admit that as she gets older, she is getting 'easier'. But that is not the result (IMO) of nature (getting 'lucky' and having an easy kid) as it is of how we discipline her when necessary.

If one looks at having kids through a prisim of how it will effect ME, you have already lost the battle. Hannah is the greatest blessing God has ever given me. That kid has taught me WAY more than I will ever teach her. Is our life differenet now? Sure. Would I change it? NO WAY.

yv0nne

Vizsla mom
I'm only 26, so still lots of time for my mind to be changed but I definitely don't want any babies anytime soon! I loveeee babies, adore them, and I always give the best presents for baby birthdays, showers, etc.. I just really love my life right now& I'm not ready to change it for a tiny, sweet babe!

k9krazee

I'm not terribly fond of babies (unless they're sleeping on my chest!) but I LOVE the 2-4 age range!!!

Alas, I made the choice when I married my husband not to have kids.

I never wanted kids growing up, but I never thought of it as a choice until I met DH and started having those discussions. I figured it was just something you did, a part of life. He adamantly does not and has never wanted kids.

I eventually told him that I may not want children NOW, but I can't guarantee that I'll never want them. But I'll never think ill of him or blame him - that's on me, I made the choice.

Honestly, I've never had the baby urge and hope that I don't! I'm not suited for the life of a parent (the work that we do, the things we enjoy, lifestyle we chose - having a dog is questionable sometimes!) but am excited to be the doting aunt! I told DH that I would probably only regret my decision if he died suddenly in the next 5-10 years. ;)

OTOH - My SIL recently approached me about being a surrogate mother for her (her & my brother are unable to have kids). So if I ever do get the urge to experience pregnancy there is an "option". (I will admit, I entertained the thought BRIEFLY, but that's it).

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I want kids and I really want to be a mom. Only want one or two kids. But.... The selfish part of me wants to focus more on my dog stuff so I go back and forth between which i want more. I think with one kid I could still manage to do my dog stuff though. My husband and I don't use protection and haven't for a long while so right now it's a whatever happens happens situation. I will be 27 years old in August.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
If I could pick my kids..... My cousin has the most precious little boy. I adore him. And my niece is totally amazing and the best thing ever.

I don't know what I want. I genuinely enjoy kids but the thought of being responsible for them forever is scary. I also may not be able to have kids and that's scary too so I don't think about it often. But yes every now and then I really want a little kid.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Not for me, but I hear it happens.

Seriously - if they perfected uterine transplants, I would like to give mine away to somebody who couldn't otherwise have kids and wants them. =/ It really bothers me. I just don't think it's fair. A friend of mine years ago had major troubles and I just... hate it.

Anyway, I think the cure is to get a puppy. :p

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Yeah. In fact, I'm having one of those weeks.

For several reasons, Josh and I have decided that creating children is something we do not want to do. We both have health issues and hereditary things that we don't want to pass down.

However, fostering is something we've talked about, as well as possibly adoption.

So.. there's that. I was staring down a toddler at breakfast the other morning. Josh was just shaking his head. :rofl1:

I did not want kids, was in fact pretty adamant about it.

Then, around 24 all of a sudden I just couldnt get the idea out of my head. I started reading up on parenting and pregnancy etc. Got pregnant pretty soon after.

I am still not a baby or kid person but I am a MY child person. My children were not at all what I expected and they challenge me as a parent, as a person, every single day...and that is a phenomenal thing.

Members online

No members online now.