I need a find it vibe

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I just caught a lab, one that I have found before, it required making very happy sounds and heading toward the car. I had a bird I was burnishing in my hand, with my most favorite of all burnishing stone, a beautiful red, smooth polished one and a half inch by a 16 of an inch rectangle of perfection. My favorite, my lucky. Because no good deed goes unpunished, I apparently put it in my back pocket, which has a big hole in it. So this is silly, but I really really really really really want it back. So if you have a find it vibe, St. Jude paweeeese with sugar on top, let me find it back.

Lost Pepper's collar and fancy tag that Ivy gave her because I loaned it to TOTO who was loose, with three young boys who said Toto followed them. I wanted them to get home with her and return her to the owner. Every collar I had was too loose and Toto could slip her slender head right out of it. I asked the boy, would he please either return it next time he came by (he promised he would) or call me and I would pick it up. A month has passed so I guess that and the lead are not coming home back. I knew the risk when I sent them, but I would rather lose them, than to see Toto with a broken hip, or worse. The road they had to walk up is so dangerous I won't let my dogs on it, even on a lead. I should have just gotten an address and driven her home. I have given up there. BUt I really really want my lucky rock back. So fingers crossed, going out to look again.

Oh..the Lab's name was Pepper. I slipped my Pepper's leash off of her because she will walk off leash and put it on their Pepper but she had backed out of it before I Could get it clipped. THat is why we had to make happy sounds and make a dash for my car. That rock is out there in a half block area. Hyia and I have combed it twice now. THe lab also named Pepper is safe and secure with her owners. They were out looking for her, and had just missed her. I was able to call them BECAUSE YAHOO SHE HAS A PHONE NUMBER!!!!! on her tag.

So does my Pepper's which is why it is shameful they didn't at least call and say.you can come get it. I swear, it's true about the no good deed thing. I just don't want to see them hurt. Nothing is worth that.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
WE are still looking. I did a step by step (which isn't easy to remember considering I was with two dogs, and trying to get one to follow) and still nothing. I have offered a 5 dollar reward to the kids. I once found my Old Boss's wedding ring out in the field. His wife had died 13 years before and that old man was sittting there with tears in his eyes when he realized it had fallen off of his finger while training. I am afraid this time, I usually find things, that I am not. I loved that stone, it was the perfect size, the perfect smoothness and shape. It isnt' like I can just go pick up another like it.

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
oh man smkie--I hope you find it. Glad you helped the dog out--perhaps the stone will turn up.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I found it Horray!!!!! I am postively giddy. Thanks for the finding vibes. You rock. This time literally.:D Maybe I will get lucky and have my collar tag and leash returned too.

-bogart-

Member of WHODAT Nation.
I try. I am so happy ya found it ! Now if only the leash next! More mojo thoughts ya way! Send some stay east Isaac here. We going to be in for some wild weather .

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
You betcha.

THe leash, collar and tag, will depend on the honor of one boy. Either he is good for his word or he is not. Time will tell. He has my phone number, that's for sure. I need to stock back up on extra collars of different sizes. THis place is something else.

Members online

No members online now.