Jasper, Lily, Wolfy RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

AGonzalez

Not a lurker
It's with a sad heart I have to write this. I haven't even been able to think about it much or know how to start it.
A week ago today Jasper passed away in his sleep. I saw him at 2 AM when I went to bed, and at 7 AM he had passed away underneath my porch. We have no idea on the cause, wasn't acting sickly and seemed perky and happy when I went to bed. We weren't in a position to have a necropsy done, so Jasper is resting peacefully in my backyard now. My oldest son is devastated by his loss.

Lily, where do I start? Other than I should have had her PTS myself instead of rehoming her. Yeah I should have let the ones who thought I was insane to do so complain to me, because it ended up much worse.
I'm writing this early because I know her end is near. She is at the Humane Society, they contacted me because her microchip still had my contact info on it. She got into a fight with another dog and bit someone when they broke the fight up. Since I no longer have her shot records (given to the new owner who at this time cannot be located) she is in quarantine until the 23rd and will be euthanized at that time. Her new owners moved after getting her, and their phone number is disconnected. I've emailed them and given all the contact info I had to the humane society...I'm rather heartbroken it is going to end like this. It was an injustice to her to rehome her (to people who work with a pitbull rescue no less) and for that I'll always feel guilt.

Wolfy...he was my mother's dog but deserves a moment himself. At least two of her other dogs ganged up and killed him on Thursday, no apparent reason and no prior problems.

bubbatd

OMG ACamp what sad , sad news !!! I'm so sorry !!! This is too much to take in at one time ~~~~ ((( Hugs )))

drmom777

Bloody but Unbowed
ACamp...I don't even know what to say. That is an awful lot for you to handle all at once. Sometimes bad things just seem to happen in bunches. I hope this is it for you and you can have a long trouble free time to recover. ((((HUGS))))

Giny

That is a difficult thing to go through, I'm so sorry for your loses. :(

I'm so sorry for all these losses. The pain must be terrible. Sending you my best wishes.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Oh my gosh... I am SO sorry ACamp... can you go to the humane society and be with Lily on her last day? Is that at all possible? I just don't know what to say. I am very, very sorry.

Barb04

Super Moderator
I'm so sorry to hear all this. Too much tragedy at the same time. My heart goes out to all.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
((((((HUGS)))))) and tears. I am sorry you couldn't be with him when he passed.

Thracian

I am so, so sorry. How heartbreaking it is to read it, so I can't even imagine how it must be to feel it. My sympathies for the losses.

Try not to blame yourself about Lily. You spent so much time trying to find the right home for her, and as you said, the owners were involved in pit rescue, so of course they seemed great. I wonder where they disappeared to . . . though I guess it doesn't matter. If it would help you, you might follow Beanie's suggestion and see if you can be there for her. But only if it would help you.

I'm sorry. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.