If You Changed Your Dogs Name.....

PixieSticksandTricks

Athletic Labs. They Exist
So I guess this is to the members who have rescued or gotten dogs from breeders already named. Lol for those of you who changed your dogs names what were their original names. And why did you change it?

Maggie May- she was *shudder shudder shudder* Tootsie originally :yikes:. I don't know if she came to the rescue with that name from the puppymill or if the rescue gave her that name. But im my opinion it was god awful lol and I had to change it. I already knew I was going to rename her whatever her name was because I just wanted to. Maggie May fits her so much more and its 100% better than Tootsie.

Tucker- Tuckers registered name is "Benny The Bull" which is what the breeder named him. So he came to us named Benny which my mom didn't like and really neither did I. My mom was trying to think of names and I was looking at my books and noticed one of my favorites "The Trouble With Tuck". I love the book its about a blind Labrador. So I threw the idea of Tucker around with my mom and it really seemed to fit his personality.

And even though she has passed away.

Pixie Stick- When we got Pixie from the shelter she had come there with the name Samantha. And though she was 8 years old there was no way we were keeping her named Samantha. Because im Samantha lol and it would just be weird and confusing. I wanted to give her a unique original name and I found Pixie Stick on a list and it just fit.

RD

Are you dead yet?
Zaphod was Carlos. I didn't like Carlos, he doesn't look like a Carlos nor does he act like one.

Zaphod, on the other hand, fits him a little too well. I shouldn't have named him after such a flamboyant character.

Dakota's breeder called him Buzz when he was with her. I thought it was cute, heh. I actually thought of naming him BRUISER before settling on Dakota. Ack. Poor dog.

jess2416

Who woulda thought
Chloe's rescuer called her Brownie..

and then when I brought her home, I changed it to Chloe

Paige

Let it be
lol@Carlos

I only named Spanky out of my crew. Spanky is named after the Little Rascals. If I was to rename him it'd be Rascal. I'd probably change Miley's name if I wasn't so use to calling her by it. I usually call her Smiley, Miles or Smiles. I love Bandit's name. I use to hate it but I think it fits him so well.

bnwalker2

My house is a zoo
Thunder was Corbin when I got him. I liked the name Corbin, but it just didn't really suit him.

Marley was Mo or "Mose" when we got him. Again, it just didn't fit him.

I named Sammy after my niece's dog that had passed away not long before Sammy was born, and John named Scooter because we got him a couple days before we took a road trip to pick up a Vespa scooter.

ACooper

Phoebe was known as Gazelle at the Humane Society, named for being QUITE a jumper :p

The kids renamed her on the ride home, they all 4 agreed on Phoebe Freckles, the middle name freckles of course because of her little black spots up and down her front legs and chest, LOL...........ah the mind of children :D

bubbatd

Chip was " Chip of Bubba " ( my line so kept it ) Ollie was Ollie on petfinder and by gollie it suited him !!! So jolly and full of folly !

B

Backward_Cinderella

Booger was originally Arteimus which I found too... mysterious for him. He's a rather obvious dog... not to mention a little snot, so he became Booger.
Bobbie, if the rescue we got her from didn't have rules about name changing, would have been Belle. I hate the name Bobbie because I had issues with a Bobby as a child, so we've been calling her Bobsie. Our next girl dog will be Belle, though, if it fits her *crosses fingers*

elegy

overdogged
Luce was "Grace" at the shelter. Just... no. Plus one of my coworkers had a dog named Grace and that was just too confusing.

Harv was "Bear". He is so not a Bear. He's my little old man so I gave him an old man name.

BostonBanker

Meg's name was Spice, which I just plain didn't like. She didn't respond to it at all, and I decided that she could have a new name to go with her new life.

JennSLK

F150 and a .30-06
Emna was nameless and well it just fit her when I seen the name. The name just popped out at me. Jazz was Xena at the breeders. I came up with a list of names and I liked Jazz the best. My next dobe girl I want to name Paris. Im not going to change Wart's name. It fits with his reg name.

drmom777

Bloody but Unbowed
Mini was named "Snoopy". I was horrified at having a female Beagle named Snoopy, but she didn't answer to it anyway. We were trying to come up with a name for her, and in the meantime my son, Will, started referring to her as mini Fred, for obvious reasons, and she started to answer to it- so Minifred she is to this day.

Uncle Fred was called Fred by the rescue people, and my husband mentioned that he resembled his Uncle Fred, so there you have it. He doesn't recognize just plain "fred" as his name. He only answers to Uncle Fred, or Moose.

Dekka

Just try me..
RD>> which Zaphod is he named after (HHGTTG?)

I have changed the name of some fosters. The worst was a JRT named Jack. We called him Zipper. He took to the new name really quickly. Bounce's name at the breeder's was Fly. I like Bounce a lot better, and WOW is it the right name for her. Kaiden was Rayray...ewwwww. His name was then going to be Kandinsky (my fave artist) but Mark started calling him Kadinky do that stopped that name. Sizzle came with her name and I thought it was a great name so it stuck. Scandal, well I had the name picked out loong before she was born, so she got called that even at the breeders. (it too is a good name for her) Dash came with Dash, and it works on two levels. He likes to dash about and he is very dashing.

I give litter names to the puppies I have. Snip's name was always Snip (his mom bit his umbilical cord off waaayyy to short) Dekka's litter name was Sausage (she was such a fat thing) when I decided she was THE puppy to keep, she got a new name.

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
Fozzie was "Willie Blue Eye", in his foster home. I considered naming him Gilligan... and sometimes I wish I would have.

Gonzo was "Hank", before I adopted him. I considered naming him Archie, or Rocco. I think Gonzo fits him the best. ; D

Members online

No members online now.