Pictures of your dog

RD

Are you dead yet?
Ren... I positively ADORE this picture. Gorgeous shot of a gorgeous dog.

RD

Are you dead yet?
Off topic again!

caseyolee said:
I agree versatlilty should be there too.....I'm not 100% with the de-registration the ABCA does if your dog wins a confo title, but I see where they are coming from. I don't like the "show" BC's either. But, a BC that wins an AKC confo title and then goes out and wins a major herding title (not akc herding title) is OK in my book ;)

I just wish people would keep the original breed "standard" in sight.
I agree. :) I can see where ABCA is coming from, too, but they come across far too harshly.. To void a working stockdog's registry just because it has a conformation championship is messed up, and it is in no way doing anything to help the breed. ABCA promotes the breeding of sheepdogs, but they do nothing to recognize the Border Collie as a breed. (Breed = Having a PHYSICAL standard as well. In BCs, it is vague on many things such as coat length/color, ear set/shape, etc. but structure is extremely important, and I see that being disregarded by only-working breeders because it is "shallow show-dog stuff". On the flipside, I see show breeders altering and selling EXCELLENT examples of the breed in both body and temperament, because their coat isn't big enough, or because they're "mis-marked"... Both are ridiculous things to do, and neither is helping the breed.

I would love to see a WTCH AKC champion... Unfortunately, dogs that are capable of achieving both titles are extremely rare in BCs, as most people who get involved with the breed tend to side with either the "only-working" breeders, the "only-show" breeders or, they just give up on herding and showing and breed for sports like agility. (Which, IMO, is equally irresponsible.)

The breed needs a lot of improvement, I'm actually really looking forward to getting involved in it, and in future years, breeding for what a Border Collie should be - a versatile working dog.

Sorry for the OT post... Back on topic, I am with Julie on this one... What about the photographer? Do they not get any credit/payment for their work?

Members online

No members online now.