Has anyone given their dog

mjb

cranberry capsules? The ones from a GNC-type store?

Since Spanky's had issues with urine pH being too high, I was thinking about giving him a cranberry supplement. I see where many of the dog foods have cranberry as an ingredient. I also called a vet that has holistic medicine as one of his services in the yellow pages and asked a tech that worked there if it's safe. She said it was. My vet, of course, thinks he needs to be on prescription Science Diet, and I'm wanting to avoid that.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I have and also used to give them to a lot of the dogs that came in for boarding (they were brought by the owners).

mjb

Good. Good that it seems to be okay to give to dogs.

I got some yesterday and gave him one. I gave him 2 today. I was going to give him 1 or 2 (I don't really know how much to give) a day for 5-7 days and then maybe 3 a week after that. I am basing that amount only by reading about Solid Gold's Berry Balance. (I can only get Berry Balance by ordering, and it costs $12 just in shipping fees!!

Cranberry is fine to give to dogs. However, the amount in a capsule doesn't really do anything to change the urine PH. D'Mannose is the active constituent in cranberry that is beneficial for urinary issues. Basically, what it does is prevent bacteria from sticking to the urinary tract, it doesn't have anything to do with the PH.

Members online

No members online now.