Hotel Comforters- Do you use them?

Do you use hotel comforters?

• Yes- who cares about a little semen, dead skin flakes, blood, or other bodily fluid?

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Yes- it helps build up my immune system!

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Yes- it doesn't bother me enough to not use them

Votes: 24 43.6%
  • Yes- I didn't know they were never washed!

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Sometimes- if I'm cold enough, I'll use them

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Never- it's disgusting to lay under a used comforter!

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • Never- I don't like blankets

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never- other

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • I refuse to stay in hotels

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Clam Chowder

Votes: 3 5.5%

• Total voters

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I use them.

But then again, most "cheap" hotels creep me out and if I'm going to stay somewhere, I splurge for the high-end chains. So I've never once had a thought about whether or not the room was actually clean.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Yes... I like to live dangerously lol. I use public toilets without te paper seat covers too lol
Hahaha I actually will use the hand soap to "disinfect" the seat before I sit my candy butt down on it ;). Walmart is the worst when it comes to clean bathrooms :/.

But the track bathrooms (the dorms have two bathrooms upstairs & two down) needless to say even though they are cleaned daily, thy can still get nasty ... So I bought my own disinfectant spray to sanitize the seat with .... I know I am a germ-i-phobe lol

Giny

I don't stay in hotels all too often but when I do i pull off the top cover and I also bring my own pillow (or buy a cheap one near by).

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Last time I was at a hotel, it was a fancy pants expensive one so I'm sure they were clean!

Otherwise... we just don't go anywhere that requires staying at a hotel lol so I've never thought about it. I prefer using my own blanket anyway just because I think people are gross and don't want to use anything that potentially may have been used by someone else. =P

Saeleofu

I just make sure a sheet stays between me and the blanket. I also usually bring my own blanket or sheet to put on top so the dogs don't get hair all over the bed - because I know they may not be washed for the next guest.

I also sonic everything once it's dark out. So far I haven't been disgusted yet.:rofl1:

Lyzelle

I worked for a very short time as a housekeeper. And I totally know the comforters aren't often cleaned. Even the place I worked at was $$$$$. Several hundred a night. And the comforters weren't cleaned with every guest. Just the sheets/pillowcases.

But I don't care, really. I'm not usually a germaphobe in the least.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
I stay in hotels quite a bit. I try not to think about it too much lol. I'm usually too cold to go without comforter so I fold the sheet (far more likely to be freshly laundered) over a bit so at least the comforter isn't directly touching me lol.

I have been known to bring my own pillowcase. Quite often. Fits easily in my carry-on and that's what my face is on all night so... nice to have my own and smells like home/my own laundry :)

Hillside

Original Twin
I stay in hotels fairly often when I go out of town for dog stuff and it doesn't really squick me out. Granted, I always have the sheet folded over the top of the blanket and am sleeping with a dog or two.

GipsyQueen

Noooooo gross. Lol never. I think they are really gross. The sheets already give me the geebies. However the sheets are way to thin. Who just sleeps under a thin sheet

Meh it doesnt bother me. So aslong as it looks clean/well kept. I dont care. I sleep in hotels a bunch of times a year. Actually just got back from Niagara falls today and spent a week in bahamas 2 weeks ago lol.

If they dont look tattered, worn, stained, smell ect. It doesnt bother me. there is sheets in between them any way

Wickgaga

Yes, because it really doesn't bother me enough, and usually if we're going somewhere that requires hotel stay, I'll be out most the stay doing stuff, and be too exhausted when we get back to really give even one care. :)

After fifteen years of working in hotels not a freaking chance! If there is a bedspread it get chucked in the closet and the blanket that is folded up in the closet, or one from the front desk is used in its place.

Fun fact, they will pull the extra one out and wash it rather then folding it up and putting it back in the closet because its easier, lol.

If we stay at a holiday inn or Hilton, one if the hotels with the white thin bedspreads then that puppy stays on, those they swap out between stays, but not the blanket in between so i don't want to touch that thing.

I'm not a germaphobe I just don't want to sit in someone else ass print after they sat on the foot of the bed naked.

oakash

Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One
Absolutely and I don't care. It's a blanket and I'm cold so I'll use it. I'm pretty unsqeamish though

noludoru

Bored Now.
Just so that I can freak you all out. . .

I am at a hotel.

USING THE HOTEL COMFORTER.

And I have used the comforter at two of three of the hotels on this trip. :p

crazedACD

The trip I went on, I used the comforter. It was at a Hilton, all the bed linens were bright white, and I couldn't see a speck of dirt, stain, hairs, anything. The comforter smelled a tad bleachy so I'm fairly sure it was freshly washed. :D

Members online

No members online now.