Yes, I went there....

Kilter

One of the people on my facebook is a big rescue person, right down to feeding vegan dog food and saving all creatures. He posted something about how DARE someone work at a KILL shelter and still go and buy a purebred cat.

So there was lots of 'OMG breeders are horrible' posts...

Along with a few 'I didn't qualify for a rescued animal so bought a purebred' from some.

Anyway it went down to the pediatric spay and neuter thing, and I posted that a lot of studies say it's not the safest or best option going and certainly not risk free. And of course someone questioned that.

So I posted a bunch of links to studies with information. And here's the bad thing...

I pointed out that those studies, many of them, were funded by breed clubs and responsible breeders.:popcorn:

Muttkip

LABRADERP!
One of the people on my facebook is a big rescue person, right down to feeding vegan dog food and saving all creatures. He posted something about how DARE someone work at a KILL shelter and still go and buy a purebred cat.

So there was lots of 'OMG breeders are horrible' posts...

Along with a few 'I didn't qualify for a rescued animal so bought a purebred' from some.

Anyway it went down to the pediatric spay and neuter thing, and I posted that a lot of studies say it's not the safest or best option going and certainly not risk free. And of course someone questioned that.

So I posted a bunch of links to studies with information. And here's the bad thing...

I pointed out that those studies, many of them, were funded by breed clubs and responsible breeders.:popcorn:
I demand screen shots or a link to this!!!! I'm VERY bored!

Prepare to be de-friended by a few of the fanatics, lol.

How DARE you post something with actual evidence to back it up!

You . . . you . . . you . . . . BREEDER LOVER! :rofl1:

Prepare to be de-friended by a few of the fanatics, lol.

How DARE you post something with actual evidence to back it up!

You . . . you . . . you . . . . BREEDER LOVER! :rofl1:
Baha I was put of FB "timeout" a few weeks ago because all my posts on the "I Hate Dog Breeders" page:rolleyes: ah well idiots with remain that way 90% of the time they dont want to learn.

Kilter

Yeah it's the same thing there. Only a VET posted how she finds ALL purebred dogs to be 'train wrecks' and tells people to rescue because of hybrid vigor. I gave up after that. Though tempted to point out that 'hybrid vigor' is the main selling point of all the byb websites who breed everything to a poodle and sell puppies like it's an ebay site. Nice going miss know it all vet....

Members online

No members online now.