Back To Basics?

nikkiluvsu15

Wild At Heart
Harleigh absolutely LIVES for this food. That is what I'm transitioning her back on, just ordered some... she actually did just as well on this as she did with raw.

She hasn't had the Pork yet, but has had the Turkey and I also ordered a small bag of Duck for her to try.

Oh, perfect poops too :p

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
I wonder how organ heavy it really is once all the moisture is taken out? Honestly I look at that list and wonder if it'd give everyone here the poops. LOL
Mine would be water falls I fear. LOL Organ meat isn't supposed to be the majority of a dogs diet as a rule with raw, I'm not sure how kibble-izing effects it though. I'll ask my partner, she's the food brainiac.

nikkiluvsu15

Wild At Heart
Sounds super, duper rich but it looks healthy. What is the going rate for it?
I have to order mine online, but I got a 27lb bag of Turkey and a 4lb bag of Duck for around $71-$72. It would have been $63.99 for just the 27lb Turkey.

Not sure if that is around the same price others can get it though.

Harleigh has fantastic poops on this, LOL. Isn't going to be the case for all dogs, but she actually has as good as poop on it as she does while on raw.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I have to order mine online, but I got a 27lb bag of Turkey and a 4lb bag of Duck for around $71-$72. It would have been $63.99 for just the 27lb Turkey.

Not sure if that is around the same price others can get it though.

Harleigh has fantastic poops on this, LOL. Isn't going to be the case for all dogs, but she actually has as good as poop on it as she does while on raw.
Holy crap.... Okay no longer interested in switching to this food with a price like that!

It sounds interesting though. I wouldn't think it'd be as organ heavy as it sounds once its cooked.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Here, the price tag on the 5lb bag is $17.99, which locally is comparable to Fromm Four-Star, Acana and Wellness bags of the same size.

I too wasn't sure about the amounts of organ meat... but wondered how much organ was really in it after heat. Still more than the average kibble, for sure, but probably not a bad percentage.

I would seriously consider trying it with Finnegan.

SpringerLover

I am so freaking spoiled rotten. I get the Fromm Duck and Sweet potato for less than $1/pound straight from the distributor...

Oh, and I haven't heard of the food yet!

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I've heard of it and seen it, but we don't carry it.

There is a new raw out called Vital Essentials which is super duper organ meat heavy too. Apparently dogs do great on it, but I just wonder long-term how that much organ meat is going to go...

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Here, the price tag on the 5lb bag is $17.99, which locally is comparable to Fromm Four-Star, Acana and Wellness bags of the same size.
Costco food has spoiled me lol. I think the most expensive food we've tried was Natural Balance. Which wasn't worth it.

I might pick up a small bag just to see how Juno does--if there are any changes for the better. I'm not dissatisfied with what she's eating or her "condition" at the moment, but I so loved how she was doing on raw.... I'd be interested in seeing if I can find a kibble that at least gets her closer to that.

Members online

No members online now.