Rethinking contracts

Kat09Tails

*Now with Snark*
So I am at a now or never point in deciding about my next litter. One of the things I was hymning an hawing about was rethinking my contracts.

What would you think of a contract with limited registration that could be removed at the dog's 2 year or older birthday provided the dog has received a Chic number and a performance title of some kind (I haven't decided to what point)? There would be no difference in price between pet and performance prospect and the dog could not be shown in conformation until after 2 years old when limited reg would be lifted providing the other two conditions are met.

I've seen similar contracts in labs but never in a toy breed.

JennSLK

F150 and a .30-06
Why would you not want the dog shown untill it was 2yrs old? You could do a non breeding contract on show puppies and lift it when they have a Ch, proformance tittle and a chic #.

JennSLK

F150 and a .30-06
Oh also, a chic # doesnt mean good health. You can still get a chic# and have failed every test. You might want to put in there about actually passing the tests

Kat09Tails

*Now with Snark*
I don't put much value on the show ring and my preference is that my dogs are pets first. It's far more important to me that the dog is trainable, is temperamentally stable, lives in a home, is healthy, and then if it's new owner decides that they want to do confo after my two hoops - no problem. To be honest I don't care if the dog passes the CHIC tests or not (although my preference of course is that they do) for the confo barrier but what I do care about is full public disclosure which would encourage someone to do the right thing by the dog and by the future puppies that dog may produce.

I like to keep my life simple. Limited registration gives me far more real control in a simpler way than Full Registration with a bunch of clauses which I really can't enforce. The only trade off I can see for waiting is having to pay the $45 for the health testing required for the breed and simply having to wait 2 years to join in the confo ring antics if that is their realm of choice.

Members online

No members online now.